Sunday, March 24, 2019

My Granddaughter's Picture - Worth 62 Million Words!

Hello out there! - Five years ago - March 22, 2014 - I started my blog. I had no idea what
I was doing. I just knew that I wanted to get my pro-life/pro-adoption message out in
the world somehow. I wasn't on Facebook, I had a flip phone, and I never thought that I
would use social media. I wrote letters to the newspaper but I knew that wasn't enough.
I had been thinking about starting a blog for awhile so I checked out what other bloggers
were doing. On that Saturday morning, five years ago, I remember saying, "This is it,
today is the day!" I called my best friend, Becky (Sis), from Odessa and she helped me
as much as she could over the phone. My daughter and daughter-in-law came over and
helped me set up the rest. I wrote my first post - a lot has changed since then.
The following is my first post:


Hello out there, my name is Sharla and I was adopted at birth. I started this blog to help promote adoption as a life option. I was adopted from Ft. Worth, TX 50 years ago. I was blessed with wonderful parents, and a protective older brother. I've been happily married for almost 31 years now, and my husband, Jim, is an amazing man. When we got married I was blessed with a 6 year-old stepson, whom I love as my own. My husband and I were then blessed with two more children, a son and a daughter. We have eight grandchildren, six girls and two boys, all between the ages of 9 months and 8 years old!


This blog is going to be positive, full of life, and informational. I'm excited to get started.
I will post links to pro-life web sites, talk about good books, and share stories about my crazy, wonderful life!


I'm five years older, Jim and I have been married for almost 36 years now,    
and we have been blessed with two more grandchildren.
The girls still out number the boys four to one; eight granddaughters and two grandsons,
all between the ages of (the youngest) turns four this week and the oldest who turned
thirteen in January.
I naively believed when I began writing stories for my blog that I was really going
to make a difference. I've met amazing people during this five year journey.
I have learned to pray like I never had before. I've learned to roar like a lion and I have
cried buckets of tears.
I won't ever give up and neither will all the people who work so hard to defend the most
innocent among us. We will continue to be the voice of the voiceless.
But I have to say that the so-called "Reproductive Health Act" that passed in New York
on the 46th anniversary of Roe-v-Wade was like a kick in the gut. How, how in the world
did that evil bill pass?


I've written letters to the newspaper, representatives, and bishops. Two of the bishops
I sent letters to in New York did respond back to me. They are appalled by the passing
of this bill and they have spoken out against it.


My grandchildren have grown up with their "Pro-Life Nana and Pa" and their pro-life
parents. One of my granddaughters who is in the seventh grade, at a public school,
drew a picture for her art class. The teacher asked them to draw a picture about something
that is going on in the world right now. She was reading the letter I received from the
Bishop of Brooklyn, Bishop DiMarzio, and asked me what my letter had said.
I told her that I sent a letter to all the bishops in New York and how I described the scene
I saw on the news when the bill was passed.
"Pa and I watched in shock and horror as we witnessed the celebration that took place
in the courtroom when the bill to kill an unborn baby up to birth was passed.
People were clapping and cheering and giving each other double high fives."
I went on to tell her that they lit up the One World Trade Center in pink to celebrate.
She just couldn't believe it.
This is the picture my granddaughter drew and turned in. She made a 100. By the way,
I asked her what the other students had drawn - they had all drawn pictures about
pollution. Our children and grandchildren are listening to what we say.


Please speak up - This is what happens when people are silent and afraid to voice their opinions.
Abortion is not women's healthcare. Adoption for the human babies! Come on! It is time to roar like a lion!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks you to you and Jim for lending your voice, resources and heart to the pro-life movement. I'm so proud that you're my friends. And to think that it started with praying in front of the Planned Parenthood center which closed down. Thank you, Jesus!

    Belia Peña

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Belia! You were the one who invited me to come and pray! Love you!

      Delete
  2. It's nearly impossible to find educated people in this particular subject, however,
    you seem like you know what you're talking
    about! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pity those who harm the little ones. Nothing good ever comes to those who go against the Lord. Thou Shall Not Kill. Continue on the narrow path Sharla..says the Lord,....”I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” But leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, Vengeance is His.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like looking through an article that will make men and women think.
    Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply wish to say your article is as astounding. The clearness to your publish
    is simply great and that i could suppose you're knowledgeable on this subject.
    Fine along with your permission let me to grab your RSS
    feed to stay up to date with imminent post. Thanks one million and please keep up the
    enjoyable work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! Very useful advice within this post! It's the little
    changes which will make the biggest changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete