Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Birthdays, Faith, Family Time, and Prayers

Hello out there - I hope y'all are doing well! My mind is like that rotating circle thing
when it takes forever for a link to pop up on the internet - thinking, thinking, thinking!
This is going to be one of those "jump right in post" no order, just what pops up first.
Jim and I went to the Adoration Chapel on Monday morning. He is always able to sit
in one spot and pray, pray, and pray. I move around. I pray from my heart, I pray the
rosary if I have time, I read the scripture readings for the day, etc. After I read the
readings, which really touched home, I whispered (we were the only ones in there but
you are supposed to be quiet and respectful) "Jim! Stop praying for a minute and let
me read the first reading to you." He turned his head and looked at me and whispered,
in a loud whisper, "No!" to which I whispered back, "Fine!" I just wasn't able to
concentrate on my prayers that morning. We've had a lot going on lately and one
Monday after he prayed for a while and I prayed for a while we just talked about
everything. I love that we go to the Adoration Chapel together. It doesn't matter if
we pray together, pray side by side - each praying our own prayers, or if I'm walking
back and forth praying the rosary while he is kneeling in prayer. The awesome thing
is that we're together.
Sometimes when I sit down to write a post, like tonight, I'm not sure what I want to
say but I know that something is weighing on my heart. I just start typing and sharing
things that have happened during the week. Jim and I are truly blessed and thankful
for so many things.
This past Sunday we celebrated one of our youngest granddaughter's birthday at
our home. She is now four years old! She was so excited and looked precious in her
birthday dress covered with bunnies and her headband made up of flowers and bunny ears.
I had bought pink, fuzzy bunny ears for our four youngest granddaughters to wear.
A fun family celebration; seven adults and nine children. She wanted chicken nuggets
and cheese balls and a chocolate cake with M & M's. My daughter-in-law decorated
the cake to look like a bunny face - very cute! I made pigs in a blanket to go along with
the chicken nuggets and cheese balls and we also heated up left over lasagna and made
garlic bread! Wow! What a menu - something for everyone! A pie crust that was fixing
to be out of date was quickly whipped into another yummy dessert - spread melted butter,
sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake. The motto in our home is "If you are still
hungry when you leave - it's your own fault!" Thanks be to God, we always have more
than enough! As everyone gathered in the kitchen I reminded them we needed to say
Grace. I wish you could have heard all the voices as we prayed out loud, from the
smallest to the tallest, "Bless us, O' Lord and these thy gifts, which we are about to receive
from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen. I immediately said that I should have
taped the prayer. A loud, unanimous exclamation was made that I could do that at the
next family get together! Those are the moments I will always cherish in my heart -
my small kitchen seems to grow when everyone is home; love and laughter fill the
room, food and prayers, parties and bunny ears, a chorus of Happy Birthday as candles
are blown out - Yes, we are blessed! I took lots of pictures - I always do!
We are waiting on a test result right now. I know that everything will be okay but
sometimes I'm not as strong as I think I am. Jim is my soulmate - he is truly my better
half - so I would appreciate it if you would say a prayer for him.
                                                                             Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment