Sunday, March 17, 2019

Scripture, Reflections, and Prayers

Hello out there! It is a beautiful and bright sunny day!
Just a quick post about a reflection I read in one of my daily devotional books.
My friend gave me this book, "Pro-life Reflections for Every Day" written by
Father Frank Pavone. Catholic Book Publishing Corp. out of New Jersey printed
it. Each day contains a scripture verse, reflection, and prayer. We have been out
of town and although I packed this book I wasn't able to find it yesterday. Today
I read yesterday and today's reflections. I am going to share the scripture and
part of the reflection from March 16th with you.
March 16
Walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us.        Ephesians 5:2
The following is from the second paragraph of the reflection:
Love says, "I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person."
Abortion says, "I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself."
I realize that many women feel pressured to have an abortion. Maybe they don't
have support from the father or their parents and it is a decision made out of
fear not because they truly want to have an abortion. That is why it is so important to
tell people about the help that is available to them. We also need to teach our youth about
the miracle of conception.
We need to speak up about responsibility. Today's young men and young ladies need
to be taught about their self worth as a human being, created in the image and
likeness of God, and not as an object to be used or exploited sexually.
It is really hard to listen to someone explain why they just don't care;
those who fall into the category of the reflection I shared.
The following is an example:
I listened to "Catholic Answers Live" the other evening on Guadalupe Radio Network
as I ran some errands. The two hour call in program was for pro-choice people to
call in and have a conversation with Trent Horn, who is a popular author and speaker
on many topics but especially pro-life. One of his books is, "Persuasive Pro-Life"
and the sub title is "How to Talk About Our Culture's Toughest Issue."
I heard different people's views and many of the callers were open to discussion and
some really didn't understand and appreciated his informative response. There was
one young woman who called in and it was obvious from the beginning that she
didn't care about dialogue at all. Her response has stayed with me and really bothered
me. I think that is why the scripture and reflection I shared with you today really
jumped out at me. She stated that her "right to happiness" is why she is pro-choice.
There was nothing you could have said to that young woman that was going to
change her mind. He spent quite a bit of time trying to help her understand but to
no avail. I have learned that there are some people who do not want to know the truth -
they don't care. I pray for them, that their eyes be opened, their hearts softened.
I really feel sorry for the young woman and I pray that God will touch her heart
and open her eyes to true peace, true happiness.
I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day.
Hug your spouse, hug your kids, and thank God for a new day!
Reach out to others - the more we help others the less we worry about ourselves.
I pray that I will be always be more concerned about the needs of others rather than what I
want or need.
                                                                                   Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment