Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Seeing God in the Evening Skies

Good morning out there - This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad! 

It is hard to believe that today is the first day of September. August was a month of ups and downs. The Corona Virus Pandemic and this new variant have hit so many families. The month of August was filled with phone calls and text messages asking for prayers for loved ones who had and have this horrible illness. I don't know anyone who has not been affected by COVID 19. The loss of life, family members and friends dying from this horrible disease has been heartbreaking. We must continue to lift each other up. Spend time with your loved ones. Call your family and friends. Forgive and move forward. Lean on the Lord. Sing a song. When things are really getting me down, I go in my kitchen and bake. I sing and pray and measure out ingredients and add heaping tablespoons of love in all that I bake. 

The scripture that comes to my mind is from Matthew 24:42 - Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come. Every day is a gift - make it count!

Jim and I like to sit on the back porch in the evenings. Our porch faces the east and the colors of the evening sky are always so beautiful. That night, there were dark clouds to the northeast and you could see the bright blue sky to the southeast, and connecting the two were billowing, white clouds with the reflection of the setting sun rays coming out of the top of those clouds. It was an amazing scene. And then, it began to rain, not for long but for a few minutes. Our God is an awesome God and He is with us through it all - the dark clouds, the sunshine, the blue skies, and the rain. 

I didn't take a picture of the skies that night. I just sat there and enjoyed the moment. The pictures I've added to this post were taken another time and also filled with messages of hope.

Peace and blessings to you and yours,

Bye for now, Sharla




No comments:

Post a Comment