Thursday, September 9, 2021

Praying Faithfully and Singing a Song

 Good morning out there! The lyrics of an old country song are stuck in my head. If you read my blog posts on a regular basis you know that Jim and I sit out on the back porch in the evenings. We have a  radio out there and it is set on a country station that plays the oldies. The other night a song by Don Williams came on, "Lord, I hope this day is good." That song came out in 1981. I know most of the words to that song and I sang along. The lyrics are really heartfelt and I love Don William's voice. Jim laughed as I sang my heart out, my Texas "twang" was loud and proud!

The first verse (and the one that is repeated )goes like this: 

Lord, I hope this day is good                                                                                                                           I'm feeling empty and misunderstood                                                                                                              I should be thankful, Lord, I know I should                                                                                                       But Lord I hope this day is good

The fifth verse (I really want to post them all but you'll just have to look up the song!)

You've been the King since the dawn of time                                                                                                 All that I'm askin' is a little less crime                                                                                                          It might be hard for the devil to do                                                                                                                But it would be easy for You

And then you repeat the first verse again - anyway, now that I'm older...I really get what the lyrics of this song are saying. In the second verse he sings.....

Lord, I've been praying to you faithfully....

I love that and I know that is what we are supposed to do! Look up the song and sing along - but you have to add the twang!

Today is a new day - Pray faithfully and go out into this world with a song in your heart knowing that God is King and has been since the dawn of time!

Peace and blessings to you and yours!

Bye for now, Sharla





No comments:

Post a Comment