Monday, July 29, 2019

Summer Memories - Faith, Family, Food, and Fun!

Good morning out there! It is a beautiful day! Blue skies, a slight breeze and the
birds are singing to me! Last night I went for a walk in our neighborhood. Jim
was outside feeding all of our assorted animals; dog, cats, chickens, sheep,
and goats! I walked and prayed and visited with neighbors as I passed by their
homes. As I circled the block and headed back home two friendly dogs ran up
to me and joined me for the rest of my journey. I asked them if they were my
protectors as I walked down the road with a dog on each side. Jim told me that
he saw me coming down the road with the dogs and hoped that they would
continue on their way! They did, it was like they just wanted to make sure I
made it home safe!
Our granddaughters who live out of town were with us all last week. Our oldest
son came down on Saturday and he and the girls left right before noon yesterday.
We had a great time. On Saturday afternoon our other children and grandchildren
came over to visit and we cooked out; brisket, chicken, pork chops, beans, zucchini,
mini bell peppers and corn on the cob! Our motto is "If you are still hungry when
you leave our home - it's your own fault!" Thank you, Jesus! We always have
plenty plus leftovers to share! Last week I was in what I call, "Super Nana Mode."
To the swimming pool, the library, and shopping we went. Frozen yogurt one
night and milkshakes at Aunt Jess's on another. We listened to "Dork Diaries"
(number 7) an audio book while we ran errands and made dinner. I don't know
who laughed harder; me or them! They helped at the Sack Lunch Ministry and
went to the Noon Mass with their Pa. We made homemade pumpkin muffins -
their favorite! Those are a few of the highlights last week.
Another one of my granddaughters, who lives close by, turned twelve last week.
I had been working for quite a while on a memory book for her. It is full of
pictures and little notes. It is packed with love and life, family and fun, blessings
and awesome memories! She loved it!
I'm so glad that I took the time to make it for her. I've made three so far and they've
been a big hit. Something sentimental that they can each keep forever!
I have seven more memory books to make and I will start on them soon.
We've enjoyed looking through the memories together. My babies are growing up!
It was quiet at "The Ynostrosa Hacienda" last night. This morning Jim and I
went to Adoration and spent a quiet, peaceful, prayerful hour with our Jesus.
God is so good! We are so thankful! Hug your kids, hug your spouse and
have an awesomely blessed day!
                                                                         Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment