Friday, July 19, 2019

Letter in Response to Abortion Filibuster

Hello out there -


I'm re-sharing this letter I wrote six years ago. Someone tried to look up the link
in the newspaper and it doesn't pull up the article.


On July 1st of 2013 I wrote a letter about Wendy Davis and her "abortion up to
24 weeks filibuster" in Texas.  I tried to share the link from the newspaper but it
must be outdated. I took a picture of the article so that you can read it.


The following is from a blog post I wrote back in February of this year (2019):
When the Straw Breaks and You Find Your Voice
Hello out there - It is absolutely beautiful outside.
Yesterday I spoke at the Day of Mourning Event that took place at the courthouse
in San Angelo. One of the things I talked about was how to get involved -
how to speak up and be a voice for the unborn. Writing letters is one way and I have
learned that sometimes you just have to keep on trying. Submit articles to your local
newspaper, write letters to your city, state, and government leaders. Wear a pro-life
t-shirt. I have lots of pro-life t-shirts, I wear them often. Share pro-life posts on social media/Facebook. Stop worrying about hurting someone's feelings - babies are dying -
speak up! But when you speak up, know what you are talking about - be diplomatic
but mean what you say. If someone asks you a question that you don't know, it is okay
to say, "I don't know the answer to that." But then say, I will find out and get back with
 you on that issue/topic. And then, make sure you do find out the answer and get back
with them. This blog, all of my posts and stories are another way
of speaking up for the most innocent among us. There is a difference in saying,
"yes, I am pro-life" and rolling up your sleeves and being a pro-life advocate.
I realized many years ago that I wanted to get off the sidelines and jump right in the
middle of it. I believe that there comes a time when the final straw breaks whatever is
holding you back and you "find your voice" - that is what happened to me.
Sometimes we're just not sure where to start or what to do.
I found my voice and  stepped out of my comfort zone on July 1, 2013.
There was an article in the newspaper about the filibuster by Wendy Davis, she wanted
abortion to not only be legal up to twenty weeks in Texas but up to twenty four weeks.
I am thankful that did not pass but in the newspaper that Monday morning, on the first
page it talked about all the people from all over the world calling to congratulate her.
I was appalled and my letter writing to the newspaper began. That wasn't enough so
I started my blog, and then I got on Facebook, and if you read my blog - you know the
rest of the story! But my story is still going - it is not over - I will continue to speak
up and now,  I'm asking you to think about what you can do. Because now, abortion
has been legalized up to birth (for any reason) in New York and other states are
quickly joining in.
The straws should be breaking right and left, that camels back is beyond broken!
Find your voice - the babies need you.


                                                                                       Bye for now, Sharla

1 comment:

  1. I quite like looking through an article that will
    make people think. Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!

    ReplyDelete