Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Straw Hats or Sombreros; Mama Mary, St. Anthony of Padua and St. Francis of Assisi

Hello out there - I hope you are doing well and staying cool in this hot summer weather!
I took some pictures yesterday morning that I'm going to share after I tell the story
that goes with them.
We have three statues in our front yard. They were given to me as Mother's Day presents,
one statue at a time for three years in a row. The St. Anthony, Mother Mary, and
St. Francis statues are strategically located in our yard. I can see the statue of Mother
Mary when I look out my kitchen window. The statue of St. Francis is by the bird
bath (Patron Saint of animals). My St. Anthony statue is closest to the front door.
There is a  long story about St. Anthony and our home but I won't go into that today.
I love seeing these statues and when I water my plants and fill up the bird bath I'm
always singing and praying.
Sometimes the birds are not very respectful when they "do their business" and we try
to keep the "bird poop" off of the statues. My husband thinks of the craziest or maybe
the most creative ideas. I came home one day  last summer and noticed that there were
straw sombreros on my statues. I couldn't get used to the sight of my saints wearing
those hats. Jim explained that it kept them clean and cool. The wind blew the hats off
and I put them up in the garage thinking, "Well, that took care of that!"
Monday night I noticed that my statues were once again adorned with straw hats, but
now they have a piece of leather attached and they fit snugly under the chins of my
statues. Yesterday morning Jim left really early and after I took the trash out I looked
at the statues and decided that maybe the sombreros aren't so bad after all-at least for
the summer.
Mama Mary
St. Anthony and Baby Jesus
St. Francis of Assisi
and my feather duster plants.


Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and in everything give thanks!



Blessings to you and yours!
Bye for now, Sharla





  

No comments:

Post a Comment