Monday, February 11, 2019

Step Out of the Darkness and Into the Light

Hello out there -
It is hard to even watch the news or read the newspaper right now. Oh my goodness -
gloom and doom. Sometimes you have to tune it all out. I'll tell you what touches my
heart, puts a smile on my face, and brings me peace and joy - seeing all the families
at Mass. Jim and I go to the 6:00 p.m. Mass on Sunday evenings. Last night there were
families everywhere! Dads and moms with their teenagers, dads and moms with their
babies, couples we have gone to Mass with for years, children everywhere, widows,
widowers, single people, young people, not so young people - I love that!
No matter what the news portrays...I see life, I see love, and I see faith and hope when
we go to Mass on Sunday evenings. I sat in the back because Jim was an usher and I
wanted to be by him. This sweet family with their three youngest children sat next to
us. When it was time to pray the Lord's Prayer, their middle son, who is about seven or
eight years old, reached over to take my hand. As I stood there and prayed with my
right hand being held by my husband and my left hand being held by that sweet little
boy, I felt peace and hope wash over me. Go towards the light and step out of the
darkness - God is with us. He is always with us.

Matthew 19:14
"Let the children come to me. Do not hinder them.
The kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

3 comments:

  1. Thanks very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoah this weblog is fantastic i love studying your articles.

    Keep up the good work! You know, a lot of individuals are searching around for
    this info, you can help them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest
    authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I
    know my audience would value your work. If
    you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

    ReplyDelete