Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Quick and Yummy Recipe for This Special and Busy Time of Year!


Hello again! I'm already back and ready to write another post! Jim and I were out of
town for a week. I have so many really neat stories to share with y'all but that will have
to have wait until tomorrow! We had an awesome time but there really is,
"No Place Like Home!" I have been cooking all week (and doing laundry)!
I want to share a yummy and easy recipe! This time of year is so busy and this is
a quick way to make homemade cookies for your children's Christmas parties at
school and or to box up and give away as gifts! I made these cookies yesterday and
they are going fast! Jim loves them. This is the first time I've used this recipe.
Betty Crocker cake mixes have been on sale for $1.00 each. I bought a yellow cake
mix and a chocolate fudge cake mix. Yesterday I made a batch of cookies using
the chocolate fudge cake mix.


Ingredients:
1 cake mix
1/3 cup of oil (I used Crisco)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
About 1/4 - 1/3 cup of sugar for sprinkling on top
(I added 3/4 cup of chopped pecans because if it's chocolate it has to have pecans in it!)
Mix all the ingredients except the sugar and put in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
Take dough out of fridge and use a tablespoon to drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Sprinkle sugar all over the top of the cookies and then bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 12 minutes. Take pan out of oven and wait about 5 minutes and then put the
cookies on a cooling rack or on a platter.
They are moist and delicious! I'm going to make cookies with the yellow cake mix this
weekend. I'm not sure what I want to add (maybe M & M's or Bits of Brickle) I will
let y'all know how they turn out!


Don't get stressed out during this beautiful Season of Advent - Enjoy the season and
remember, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" - Blessings to you all!


And here is a picture of these yummy cookies!



No comments:

Post a Comment