Friday, April 14, 2017

"Prayer of St. Francis"

Hello out there - Today is Good Friday. My heart is heavy today. Praying and praying
for so many things. I hope you all have blessed Easter weekend. Some thoughts today -
After the rain there is always a beautiful rainbow and the sun shines again.
After Good Friday we are blessed with Easter Sunday.
It is always darkest before the dawn.
There is a silver lining in every cloud.
and Make some lemonade out of those lemons!


God is good and He is always with us-through the good days, the bad days and the
downright ugly days. Keep on praying and reach out to others. We need more faith, hope
love, kindness, and compassion in our world.


I love the prayer of Saint Francis - (The following is from a hymn we sing during
Mass - "Prayer of St. Francis")
Make me a channel of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring your love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord, and where there's doubt, true faith in you.


Make me a channel of your peace. Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness - only light, and where there's sadness ever joy.


O Master, grant that I may never seek so much to be consoled, as to console.
To be understood, as to understand. To be loved, as to love, with all my soul.


Make me a channel of your peace. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
In giving of ourselves that we receive, and in dying that we're born to eternal life.


Dear Lord,
Please give me the grace and courage to always be a channel of your peace.
Please help me be a light to others and to always be faithful in what You have
called me to do. Here I am, Lord - I come to do Your will. Amen.


                                        Blessings to you and yours this Holy Easter weekend!
                                                                        Bye for now, Sharla






                      

No comments:

Post a Comment