Thursday, April 6, 2017

Reflection and Prayers

Hello out there! I hope you've had a good week. The season of Lent is always a time of
reflection for me. I look back and I look ahead and I try to take one day at a time. I think
about things I need to do, things I should have done, and pray for patience and guidance.
I love this prayer we pray together at Mass:


I confess to almighty God
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do,
through my fault, through my fault,
through my most grievous fault;
therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,
all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.
May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins,
and bring us to everlasting life. Amen.


I also like this short little prayer to pray at night:


Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake; watch over us as we sleep,
that awake, we may keep watch with Christ, and asleep,
rest in his peace. Amen.


The "Magnificat" is a wonderful daily devotional with daily scriptures, prayers,
hymns, and inspirational stories of the saints.


"the Word among us" is another devotional that has the Catholic Mass and Daily
Meditations.


I just wanted to share some prayers with you and the daily devotionals that Jim and
I read from. Beginning the day with prayer and scripture really helps with the daily
bumps and curves that life throws our way.
I pray that you all have a restful night, and a wonderful day tomorrow.


                                                   God bless you all!
                                                                Bye for now, Sharla


Pray without ceasing and always lift your spouse and children up in prayer!
Hug your spouse, hug your children, and give thanks to God!
Take care of each other and speak kind words!
Treat others as you want to be treated!
And don't ever forget - God loves you so very much!







No comments:

Post a Comment