Thursday, February 9, 2017

Praying With A Humbled Heart

Hello out there! I hope your day has been full of love, laughter, hugs, and prayers!
I know I talk about the Sack Lunch Ministry A LOT but I always leave feeling so
very blessed. I so enjoy spending time with the other volunteers and I truly love
reaching out to those we serve. Today something happened that touched my heart
and humbled me at the same time. One of the older men who comes daily to get a
lunch asked me if I would pray for him. He told me about a report he had received
from the doctor and was concerned. I thought he just wanted me to keep him in my
prayers and I told him that I would, that yes, I would pray for him. I quickly realized
that he wanted me to pray for him right then and there. I took his hand and held it
with both of my hands, closed my eyes, and I prayed for this sweet man. Just writing
about this makes me emotional. So many people need our prayers. So many people
need to know that we care. Please pray for Dennis, and please pray for all those we
serve. Have a wonderful evening. Hug your spouse and pray with your children.
Hug your children and pray with your spouse. God bless you all.


Dear God,
Thank you for our many blessings. Please be with all those who are in
need. Please God, show us and guide us to how we can best help others.
You created us all.  Please help us to love our neighbors, our friends, our families,
and to care for one another. Let us always pray for those who seek a better life
and for those who feel trapped in a life on the streets. Please help us be a light
in the darkness.  Amen.
 
                                                                     Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment