Saturday, February 18, 2017

First Reconciliation, Families, and Making This World a Better Place

Good morning out there! Every day is a gift from God! Some days things may not
go as you planned, but that is life. I'm a glass is half full kind of gal. I'm not saying
that I don't have days where nothing seems to work out right. I just know that when
I have those kind of days, the sun will rise on a new day, and more than likely, that
day will be awesome! Doing something for someone else takes the focus off yourself.
The more you reach out to others and pray for others, helps you realize that everything
is not just about you (I mean me when I'm saying that)!
Being a wife, mother, and grandmother (nana) has given me more joy and happiness
than I ever could have imagined. My grandchildren are my extra special gifts from
God. They are all precious and unique in their own wonderful way and I love them
very much. I am so blessed to be their nana.
I received a phone call this morning from my daughter-in-law and granddaughter
(grandchild number five) who live out of town. They wanted to call and tell me about
her First Reconciliation. My granddaughter told me that she was the first one in her
group to go to confession. I told her that while I was praying my rosary yesterday
morning, I was thinking about her. This is a special time in her life because she will
receive her First Holy Communion this year. I had prayed some extra prayers for her
yesterday.
I love that I have that special bond with all of my grandchildren. It makes me very
happy that she wanted to call and tell me about her special morning! Jim and I will
be there when she receives her First Holy Communion - an extra special blessing for us!
Enjoy every moment you have with your family. Whether you are newly married or
have been married for a long time - hug your spouse and thank God for them.
Pray for them and with them! Communication is so important - talk to each other and
don't expect them to be able to read your mind! It's important to say thank you and
please, and do not take each other for granted.
If you are blessed with children - spend time with them, hug them, tell them you love
them, pray for them and pray with them!
They need your love and encouragement. They need stability and they need to have
God in their lives. Go to Mass together as a family. Pray before meals and pray
before bed. Pay attention to who your children are hanging around with. Be involved
in their activities. Children grow up so fast. Make the most of every moment!
And if you are blessed with grandchildren - what a gift from God! Enjoy every
phone call and every visit. Hug those grandbabies and hold them tight! Pray for
them and let them know that they are a gift, a beautiful gift from God!
If you are single and looking for your true love - make sure you are on the same page
and that you want the same things in life. Go to church together and make sure
to invite God into your relationship! A wedding is a day and a marriage is a life time!
Work harder on your relationship with your wife or husband than on that next
presentation or whatever at work (or at least work just as hard on your relationship)!
My message to everyone is this - If we take care of each other, love one another, and
act how God wants us to act, and not how the world wants us to act, we can be a
true blessing to everyone. And just maybe, we can make the world a better place!
My heart is full and my cup runneth over!
Thank you, God! Thank you for my many blessings! Amen
                                                                 Bye for now, Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment