Wednesday, February 3, 2016

THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE!

Good Morning Out There! The Spring 40 Days for Life Campaign begins next
Wednesday! So much to do! I love kids! I just have to share some of the things
that have happened the last couple of days. In my previous post I told y'all all
about my oldest grandchild's 10th birthday party and how much fun it was.
I can't believe he is already 10. Life just goes by too fast!
I teach 4th grade CCD classes at my parish on Monday nights. We have been learning
the Ten Commandments and the Corporal Works of Mercy. One of the moms gave me
a sack full of scapulars, crosses, prayers cards, etc. for me to hand out in class. I poured
everything out on the table and told them that they could each pick something out after
they told me one of the commandments or the works of mercy. I called on them one by
one. When they called out the answer I wrote it on the board and then they got to pick
one of the items. They were all so excited, and each child was able to answer correctly.
One of the young men said, "Do not take the Lord's name in vain." Then he asked me if
I would explain exactly what that meant again. I explained it and some other questions
that came up. These children are 9 and 10 years old. They love to learn, and are so
inquisitive.
My 3 1/2 year old granddaughter was in class with us. She wanted to answer a question
also. I asked her what she thought one of the answers was and she shouted out,
"Pray for the babies!" Isn't that great? No, that is not one of the Ten Commandments
or one of The Corporal Works of Mercy but as young as she is, she understood that we
were talking about serious things, and she gave a serious answer! She picked a prize and
that answer went on the board also. Kids do listen, even when you don't think they are.
They are like little sponges just soaking it all in. I love being part of their lives! I try
to cram everything I can into that 1 hour and 15 minutes I have with them on Monday
nights. They love to learn and I love to learn with them!
Yesterday, 25 students from Angelo Catholic School helped us at the Sack Lunch Ministry.
They made the sandwiches, put everything in the sacks and handed them out. They also
decorated A BUNCH of sacks for us! We loved having them help us and we hope they
will come back soon!
I hope you all have a great day!         Blessings, Sharla


Corporal Works of Mercy:
To feed the hungry
To give drink to the thirsty
To clothe the naked
To welcome the stranger
To heal the sick
To visit the imprisoned
To bury the dead

No comments:

Post a Comment