Thursday, February 25, 2016

HAPPY MEMORIES, TEARS, LOVE AND YELLOW YARN!

Good Morning Out There! A quick post before I head to the courtyard! Today
is Day 16 of the 40 Days for Life Campaign! I wish that everyone who reads this
blog could spend just one hour in the courtyard! I love being out there! Every day
brings new blessings! I have to share what happened last Friday.
One of my sweetest prayer warriors is Mrs. Cain. She is in her eighties and is just
an absolute joy to be around. She brings her crochet hooks and yarn with her and
prays and crochets! She makes the cutest little caps for newborn babies and then she
donates them to our local pregnancy help center.
I don't know how to crochet, my mom tried to teach me the summer before she passed
away from cancer. I remember sitting by her on our couch, I was twelve, and she was
making an afghan for me. The colors were bright yellow and orange, I still have it!
My grandmother was making an afghan for my brother, it was green and white. My
mom taught me the basics. After she died I never tried to crochet again until last Friday
afternoon. I showed up at the courtyard at about 1:30 p.m. Mrs. Cain was praying and
crocheting! I sat down next to her and gave her a big hug! She handed me a crochet
hook and gave me some bright yellow yarn. She told me to just start making a chain
like I remembered. After a while she showed me how to make a circle and start
connecting the rows. We laughed and visited and before we knew it over three hours
had passed. Other people praying in the courtyard stopped by to visit with us as they
were fixing to leave. It was a wonderful day, and it brought back a lot of wonderful
memories. The baby cap I was supposed to be making ended up being a big, bright
yellow doily! Mrs. Cain was so proud of me, and she told me that we would practice
some more on another day out in the courtyard. I enjoyed the day so much, and even
though my mom has been gone for many years, just writing about this brings tears
to my eyes, I will always miss her!
I hope you all have a wonderful day. I'm headed to the courtyard, and I will pop in at
the Sack Lunch Ministry, another place near and dear to my heart!
God bless you all! Hug your spouse, hug your kids, and call your mama and your dad
if you are still blessed to have them here with you!
Every day of our lives is a gift!
I try to make sure that I do something each day to give as a gift back to God!
A smile goes a long way, hugs are great, your children are precious, and please always
pray for your spouse!
A wedding is a day, a marriage is a life time and takes love and prayers, patience
and kindness and most of all, dependence on God!
                                                  Blessings to you and yours, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment