Monday, May 12, 2014

Good Afternoon out there! I hope that all  Moms had a wonderful  Mother's Day. I just added three pictures, I meant to add them yesterday but didn't have time. There is one picture of Mother Mary that is absolutely beautiful. The picture is of a statue of Mother Mary in a Grotto outside St. Mary's Church in Praha (Flatonia, TX). The other two pictures are of St. Anne and Mother Mary as a child. One picture was taken inside the St. Mary's Church in Praha. The other picture was taken at St. Mary's Catholic Church in High Hill (Schulenburg, TX). My husband and I visited these churches last summer. These are two of the Painted Churches between San Antonio and Houston. I hope that we get to visit the other ones this summer. I think there are five or six of these beautiful, old Catholic Churches known as the Painted Church Tour. Here is some history on one of them:


St. Mary's Catholic Church - "Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary: - was originally established in 1860, and the church and the community of High Hill, Texas enjoy a recorded history dating back to
the mid-1800s. I'll post information about the other churches later.


To see the pictures, click on view my complete profile. Have a great evening!


                                    For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror;
                                                then we shall see face to face.   
                                       Now I know in part; then I shall know fully,
                                                       even as I am fully known.
                                       And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
                                                        But the greatest of these is love.


                                                             1 Corinthians 13:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment