Monday, June 26, 2023

Hot Weather and Hens - Mass and Scripture - Families and Light!

 Good morning out there! I'm writing this post at 4:44 am. I woke up about an hour ago and decided instead of tossing and turning, praying and thinking, it was time to get up and write a long overdue post! Summer weather is definitely here! H O T hot! My computer monitor says that it is 83 degrees right now! I think the high today is supposed to hit 109. If you work out in this weather please stay hydrated! Our chickens do not like this hot weather - most of our hens are on strike. I can't blame them! Yes, they have plenty of water and shade, but with temps this high it is hot in the shade also! Enough about the weather and non-laying hens.

Last night Jim and I went to the 6 pm Mass at our parish. I wish you could have seen all the families!  The children and the babies, the mothers and the fathers! Grandparents! Young adults, so many people at Mass! Oh my goodness - that just does my heart good! Step into the light! I love our parish family! The scriptures from the Prophet Jeremiah - wow! I'm going to share them right now!

Jeremiah 20:10-13

Jeremiah said: "I hear the whisperings of many: 'Terror on every side: Denounce! Let us denounce him!' All those who were my friends are on the watch for any misstep of mine. 'Perhaps he will be trapped; then we can prevail, and take our vengeance on him.' But the Lord is with me, like a mighty champion: my persecutors will stumble, they will not triumph. In their failure they will be put to utter shame, to lasting, unforgettable confusion. O Lord of hosts, you who test the just, who probe mind and heart, let me witness the vengeance you take on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause. Sing to the Lord, praise the Lord, for he has rescued the life of the poor from the power of the wicked!"

That scripture really grabbed me - A lot of things are going on in our country that don't make sense to me. I will pray and pour my heart out to God and trust in His mercy, His timing, and His love for us.

The following scriptures are from today's morning prayers in my Magnificat:

Ephesians 5:14-15

Everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore, it say: "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light." Watch carefully then how you live, not as foolish persons but as wise. 

Lamentations 3:22-23

The favors of the Lord are not exhausted, his mercies are not spent; They are renewed each morning, so great is his faithfulness.

I'm headed to the kitchen to grab a large mug of coffee and get ready for the day! It's my grocery shopping day and I have a long list! 

I hope you all have a blessed day! Take care of yourselves and your loved ones during this heat wave and always! Hug your spouse and hug your kids and thank the Lord for a new day! Go out and be a light in this dark world ! 


Peace and blessings to you and yours, near and far, wherever you are!

Bye for now, Sharla



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sharla. I feel what you feel!! It just calls us to trust the One mightier than us💕

    ReplyDelete