Saturday, June 3, 2023

Through the Years...Celebrating 40 Years - Thanks be to God!

 Hello out there! Hope y'all are having a great day! Jim and I have been working in the yard this morning.  I haven't mowed in a long time. But today, I got on the riding lawn mower and vroomed all over the front and backyard, while Jim was weed eating the fence lines, around the trees, etc. Tomorrow is our 40th anniversary. We are going out to eat tonight with a couple who have been our friends for at least 38 of those years. Tomorrow is also their wedding anniversary and they will celebrate 57 years of marriage!

My goal is to post several, positive marriage memories during this month. I'm calling them my "Through the years..." memories. Life isn't always easy and sometimes the road is tough, but if you both live out your vows, and make sure that God is your guide, you'll be blessed! It definitely helps if both husband and wife have the same view of the "Death til you part" kind of marriage.

I copied a part of a post I wrote on June 3, 2016:

I want to think about the vows I made on a Saturday afternoon many years ago.

I promised to love my husband for better or worse,
 for richer or poorer, 
through the good days and bad days,
 in sickness and in health
 until death do us part.     
                             
  I have been blessed with a good, God fearing man. Jim is my knight in shining armor and always stands by my side.
 A wedding is just a day - but a marriage is a life time and it takes work. Like a
garden, you have to lovingly tend to it.
 Love, patience, kindness, forgiveness, and communication are a must -
but most important - you need to make sure that God is right in the center, right there
with you and then everything else will fall into place.

This sign is on our back porch.

The only thing I would add is - 

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Joshua 24:15


Peace and blessings to you and yours,

near and far, wherever you are!

Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment