Monday, November 20, 2017

I Love This Time of Year!

Hello out there! It's a beautiful morning and it's going to be a great day! I'm a typing
and a singing with joyful praise! I think Jim was really glad that he had a job to go
and do today. He told me as he was leaving - you are getting delirious! You need to
take a nap! I just laughed - we went to Adoration this morning and we woke up about
4:00 a.m. Spending an hour at the Adoration Chapel is the best way to start your day,
and for us, our whole week! I prayed my little heart out! I prayed for everybody and
Jim always enjoys the quiet time we spend in prayer.
Now for the rest of the story..............At home - In our kitchen - 6:30 a.m.
I was singing some crazy old country songs in the kitchen while Jim was reading the
newspaper. He looked over the newspaper at me and shook his head. He knows how
I am and since this is Thanksgiving week and all our children and grandchildren are
going to be with us - I have a really long to do list! I start the morning out like the
Energizer Bunny and go, go, go and by the end of the day I am wiped out!
But when I started singing, "I like beer.....it makes me a jolly good fellow - I like beer..
it makes me feel mellow....." and I told Jim that I didn't know why that song popped
into my head and he said something like, "it is way too early for this" and I laughed
and sang some more!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I hope that your home is full of laughter and
song! I pray that you have family surrounding you and that your pantry is stocked
full! If you are in need of help this time of year and really anytime at all - please
contact your parish or church - and if you aren't a member somewhere - that is
okay - you don't have to be a member to receive help - please reach out - let people
know what you need - we need to take of each other!
I am going to close with part of a post I wrote last year. God bless you all, near and
far, blessings to you, wherever you are!




Today is a new day and I give thanks to the  Lord!
Please pray for the homeless, the unborn, the children who are in foster homes, and
those who are waiting for someone to adopt them. Please pray for couples who are
praying to be blessed with a child of their own.  Please pray for couples who are on a
long waiting list trying to adopt a baby boy or a baby girl, a son or a daughter.
Hug your kids and hug your spouse. Call your mom and dad if you are still blessed
to have them. Call an aunt or uncle you haven't spoken to in a while. Reach out
to someone today! Little things mean so much! Write a note and put it in your
child's lunch box and if possible, go up to the school and eat with them, they grow
up so fast! Treat your spouse with respect and let them know that you love them!
Be a light that shines for all to see! Spread happiness and cheer to all you meet!
                                             God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment