Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Memories and Change - Not Giving Up - Just Another Path!

Good morning out there! It is 65 degrees right now and it is raining! Oh, how I love
the sound of the rain pouring down. Last night I made a pot of homemade chicken
soup. I placed frozen, boneless, skinless chicken tenders in my pan and covered the
chicken with water. I added a chicken bullion cube, sprinkled a little bit of pepper and
a lot of garlic powder on top, covered the pan with a lid and let it simmer. I made a
pitcher of iced tea and then I added about a cup of chopped onions to my soup and
covered it back up. It started raining last night and the sound of the rain falling and
the aroma of chicken soup made a wonderful calming combination! I put a pan of
biscuits in the oven and added some frozen spinach to the soup. I buy the fresh
spinach and pour it into a freezer safe Ziploc bag and then I just shake out the amount
I need when I am cooking - it is easy and tastes great in soups and casseroles. It
would also be good on pizza and for cheesy, spinach quesadillas! I bought a bag of
frozen chopped onions to try out when I don't have fresh onions on hand or when I
am in a hurry. The Pictsweet Farm brand is really good. The bag contains two cups
of chopped onions, no salt or anything else added, just onions, and it only cost
$1.28 for the bag. Things like this are great time savers for busy moms! Another
item I have used is the dried, chopped onions that are with the seasonings and in a
seasoning jar. I usually cook in large quantities so I add about two tablespoons of
the dried chopped onions if I don't have the frozen ones on hand. Fresh onions are
great, too! And when I have them on hand and the time to cut and chop them up,
I do!  The soup tasted great! I love the broth! I wasn't going to eat a biscuit but I
did and it was worth the calories! Jim and I will have leftover soup for lunch.
The banner for the Rosary for Life came in yesterday and it is so colorful and
looks great. Jim measured it, went out to the shop and fabricated a standing frame
for it. He also modified the larger frame for the other banners we already have.
He really helps me out and I am very thankful for him. I wrote a post a couple of
years ago, "As a Couple, Being Pro-Life is Our Way of Life" and it is so true!"
Here is the link if you want to read it:
http://adoptedandblessed.blogspot.com/2015/07/as-couple-being-pro-life-is-our-way-of.html


The 40 Days for Life starts today. I have to admit....my heart aches a little bit.
The 40 Days for Life campaigns we held in the courtyard were all so special.
I know that the Rosary for Life will be special too. I'm just ready for it to begin.
Jim and I are going to St. Mary's Catholic Church tomorrow and hang up the banners.
I know that will help how I am feeling.
I just kind of feel like I'm not doing enough. It's hard to explain - I have been calling
people this week to ask them to sign up to come and pray for one hour each week
during the month of October. The devoted prayer warriors who would come and
pray at the courtyard are signed up and ready to begin but it is really hard to get
other people involved. I know that I should just be thankful for the ones who are
happy to come but my heart hurts because so many others don't see the importance
of praying for an end to abortion. Anyway, enough whining! I need to think about
this song we sing at Mass; we all have different gifts, different talents, and it takes
all of our gifts and talents to do what needs to be done. Praying for the unborn and
for an end to abortion is what I know God has called me to do and I need to
understand and accept that he has called other people to do other things!
The following are the words to the hymn:
We Are Many Parts by Marty Haugen
(Refrain)
We are many parts, we are all one body, and the gifts we have we are
given to share. May the Spirit of love make us one indeed; one, the
love that we share, one, our hope in despair, one, the cross that we bear.
(1st verse)
God all, we look to you, we would be your servants true,
let us be your love to all the world.
(Refrain)
We are many parts, we are all one body, and the gifts we have we are
given to share. May the Spirit of love make us one indeed; one, the
love that we share, one, our hope in despair, one, the cross that we bear.
(2nd verse)
So my pain is pain for you, in your joy is my joy, too;
all is brought together in the Lord.
(Refrain)
We are many parts, we are all one body, and the gifts we have we are
given to share. May the Spirit of love make us one indeed; one, the
love that we share, one, our hope in despair, one, the cross that we bear.
(3rd verse)
All you seekers great and small, seek the greatest gift of all;
 if you love, then you will know the Lord.
(Refrain)
We are many parts, we are all one body, and the gifts we have we are
given to share. May the Spirit of love make us one indeed; one, the
love that we share, one, our hope in despair, one, the cross that we bear.
I love that hymn and the message is true. I will take a picture of the banners
once they are hung up on the frames so that you can see them.
Today, I will add a picture, or two from one of our 40 Days for Life Memories -
please remember to pray for the people who are praying in front of the abortion
facilities - they deal with a lot of negative and hateful comments as they stand
out there -
peacefully praying and trying to share the message that help is available and
that adoption is a loving, life option.
God bless you all - near and far - may God bless you and your families,
wherever you are, today and always.




1 comment:

  1. Well thanks a lot! I'm aching all over from pulling weeds early this morningand can smell that soup simmering all the way over here. Heeheehee!

    Just use had me some DanDan noodles from PeiWei in San Antonio. Wellll, actually from my freezer. Muy yummy.peiWei is one of my favorite eating places in San Antonio.

    I love the banners! Big hugs to Jim.

    ReplyDelete