Saturday, September 23, 2017

Prayers for You and Yours!

Hello out there! Another beautiful, sunny, fall day - The weather forecast implies that
we may be blessed with rain on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - I sure hope so!
How are all of y'all doing out there? Earlier this morning I went for a walk and prayed
the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary as I journeyed down the path. There is sure a lot to
pray for - so many people to pray for - so many things to pray about. Sometimes it can
almost be overwhelming and that's when I start praying The Divine Mercy Chaplet or
The Rosary. The mysteries/scriptures of the rosary help me focus and when praying the
Chaplet of Divine Mercy - you are praying for the whole world.
Last Friday, September 15, 2017 - One of the scriptures in my Magnificat really stayed
with me. I will share it with you today:
Cry out to the Lord; moan, tears flow like a torrent day and night;
Let there be no respite for you, no repose for your eyes.
Rise up, shrill in the night, at the beginning of every watch;
Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord;
Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your little ones.
                                                         Lamentations 2:18-19
I think it is important to pray for each other. That doesn't mean it has to be a long prayer.
There are times when someone I haven't seen in years will just come to my mind. I now
understand that I need to pray for them. I'll say something like, "Lord, (say their name)
has come to my mind and I don't know where they are or what is going on in their lives
but I lift them up to you, O Lord, to care for them in whatever they are going through.
Amen." And of course we all have family and friends who need our prayers and most
of the time we know their situation and are able to pray more in depth.
Here is another scripture - one of my favorites. It is in my Magnificat (daily devotional)
also.
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, love is not pompous,
it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests,
it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice
over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all
things, hopes all things, endures all things.
                                                                               1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Sometimes, I just sing - and this is one of my favorite hymns:
We Are Called - Written by David Haas
Come! Live in the light! Shine with the joy and the love of the Lord!
We are called to be light for the kingdom, to live in the freedom of the
city of God!
We are called to act with justice, we are called to love tenderly,
we are called to serve one another; to walk humbly with God.
The refrain from the following song is my constant prayer:
Lead Me, Lord - Written by John D. Becker
Lead me, Lord, lead me, Lord, by the light of truth to seek and to find
the narrow way. Be my way; be my truth; be my life, my Lord,
and lead me, Lord, today.


I pray that all of you have a wonderful weekend and I pray that you and your
families are safe and well.
                                                                              Bye for now, Sharla


Today is Saturday and we pray The Joyful Mysteries of The Rosary today.
The First Joyful Mystery is The Annunciation.







No comments:

Post a Comment