Monday, January 23, 2017

Make Some Lemonade Out of Those Lemons!

Good Morning out there! Another chilly morning with a weather forecast of a warm
afternoon. Jim and I were up early this morning. We begin our Monday mornings at
the Adoration Chapel. Praying at the Adoration Chapel is a great way to start the day
and the week! After we came back home we looked through the newspaper as we ate
breakfast. Gloom and doom was basically the topic on most pages.
I am just not a gloom and doom type of gal.
Make some lemonade out of those lemons! Go out and do something nice for someone.
Call an old friend. Go visit someone in the hospital or nursing home. Go to daily
Mass! Help at a soup kitchen or a sack lunch ministry! Smile at everyone you see today!
Pray for others! Be a light in this dark world! Hug your children and hug your spouse!
Put a sweet note in all of their lunches!
I am tired of hearing about all of these cry babies!
Go out into the world with an attitude of helping others!


This morning, while Jim and I were at the Adoration Chapel I was reading the scriptures
for today in my Magnificat - The following is one that really stuck with me. Go out
and be a doer not just a hearer.


James 1:22-25
Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves.
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a
man who looks at his own face in a mirror. He sees himself, then
goes off and promptly forgets what he looked like. But the one who
peers into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres, and is not a
hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, such a one shall be blessed
in what he does.


There's an older country song, sung by a guy and I can't think of his name right now
but part of the lyrics are, "I want to talk about me, talk about I, talk about number
one on my mind" something like that. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that
if we start reaching out to others and our mind is on someone else we become less
selfish. If we start seeing the needs of others and try to help them, then sometimes
our own needs don't seem big after all.


So I have decided that I am going to stop listening to all the doom and gloom. I am
going to go out and do what I feel in my heart God wants me to do. I want to be
a doer of God's word, not just a hearer and sit on the sidelines!


I hope y'all have a really great day and go out and help someone else have a really
great day too! God bless you all!
                                                                        Bye for now, Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment