Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Rest of the Story - Birthdays, Family Time, Sugar Cookies, and Rice!

Good morning out there! I stayed up late last night and wrote the previous post. It
was really eleven something when I finished instead of nine something but I still
haven't figured out how to fix the correct time on my blog site! My blog is on Pacific
Time but my life is on Central Time! Oh well, it's been that way since I started my
blog back in March of 2014 so I don't think it really matters that much!
The reason I was explaining how late it really was is because I was tired and sometimes
part of the story gets left out! So..............here is the rest (or at least more) of the story!
I always get nostalgic this time of year, it's just inevitable! In my previous post I
wrote about our children, grandchildren, birthdays, family time, and lots of food! No
wonder my pants feel a little snug! Anyway - Both of our sons and our son-in-law
love to cook out! Their barbecue pits are always smoking with tasty food! I was
thinking about this past week. We have been blessed to spend time with all of our
children and all of our grandchildren on one day or more - I mean really - who could
ask for anything more?! There was a Friday night barbecue at our birthday boy son's
home! They live out in the country and we ate barbecued deer meat, dove, and quail!
He cooked the main course and we all brought sides! Our daughter-in-law made
chocolate chip cookies, his favorite, and were passed out for dessert!
 Happy Birthday, Son - we love you so much!
On Sunday we met our oldest son and his family at a really good barbecue place in
Austin! We haven't seen them since September when we traveled to their home and
celebrated his birthday. He was going to barbecue but it rained that day! So he
made yummy, homemade sloppy joes instead! Now it is almost Christmas and we
are together once more! Merry Christmas, Son - we love you so much!
He pointed out a little wooden wall plaque that hung on that restaurant wall -
it said,  "Old enough to know better..... young enough to try it again!"
 We showed the sign to Jim and all laughed because that saying fits him to a T!
Our children have an awesome father! Our grandchildren have an even more awesome
grandfather (Pa)! And I have been blessed to have the most awesome husband of all!
Jim bought that little sign/plaque and hung it out on our back porch! There is another
wooden sign out there that says,
"Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite!" (and it is!)
And one more sign that says, "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound!" (so true!)
We brought our granddaughters back home with us and arrived just in time to
get ready for Mass! Our other children and grandchildren were there!
We met at a little Mexican restaurant after Mass on Sunday night. The grandkids all
sat together and had so much fun! Monday was busy day of this and that!
On Tuesday we ordered Chinese food and our daughter and son-in-law picked it up
and brought it out to our home. We all love Chinese food, and thank goodness for
tile floors, because with ten grandchildren there was rice everywhere! We decorated
sugar cookies and bright colored sprinkles were also everywhere!
Yesterday was our daughter's birthday and she had a sentimental request.
Mom, will you make spaghetti for me like you used to? Our son-in-law thought
they should go out to eat and let us watch the girls so that she could eat while her
food was still hot. But this year she wanted spaghetti that her mom made with her
little ones all around. I made spaghetti and a big salad. Garlic bread and cheesy bread
were on the menu too! The girls couldn't wait for her to open her presents! Our daughter
insisted on baking her own birthday cake! Chocolate chip cookie bars with icing and
sprinkles galore! Yes, the girls helped her decorate it! Our son-in-law washed all the
dishes and then we said, goodnight! Happy Birthday, Daughter - we love you so much!
I am thankful for my family every moment of every day!
It doesn't matter where we are; at their home, at our home, or in a restaurant somewhere!
Spending time together with so much love to share - that is our family - everywhere!
I pray that your Christmas Season if full of family time and love! Reach out to one
another - spread some Christmas Cheer and Christmas Hugs!
                                                            Blessings to you and yours!
                                                                             Bye for now, Sharla
    Celebrate the "Reason for the Season" - Happy Birthday, Jesus - we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment