Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Old Photo Albums - A Step Back in Time

Good Morning out there! I've been awake since 4:00 a.m. I am almost through with
my second large mug of coffee. Do you ever have one of those days when you really
need to focus on one thing but a whole bunch of stuff keeps popping up in your mind?
That is exactly how I feel this morning. These are a few of the thoughts running
through my mind:
1. The fall 40 Days for Life campaign begins three weeks from today!
     Lots to do and it will all turn out okay! Prayers, please!
2. The kick-off rally will be held the night before and the plans for that are done!
3. We need more volunteers for the Sack Lunch Ministry! It seems like we get
    enough help for one day that was short and then we need help for two more
    days! Janice and I will be making some phone calls!
    It is also time to send out more thank you notes!
4. I told y'all about my book - I know, it is still hard for me to believe that my short
    stories are going to be published! I had to work on some of the pages yesterday
     afternoon. I'm trying to get the pictures together that I want in the book. The
     problem with that is there is a limit.
Pictures from the past - I've been going through an old photo album my mom made
for me before she passed away. Looking through the pages of pictures is like going
back in time. Pictures of me as a baby, pictures of birthday parties and pictures of
family and friends. I have laughed and I have cried with each page I've turned. The
pictures from the seventies - oh my goodness - the clothes we wore! Plaid pants and
hip huggers and bell bottoms too! We always dressed up for church. I love all the
pictures and the memories they share.
As I looked through the pictures it was like taking a walk down memory lane. I am
so thankful for my parents who loved me so much. My mom has been gone for so
many years but I still remember the things she taught me. And today I really, really
miss her. My dad passed away eight years ago. He spent so much time with us
right here in our home. I can almost see him sitting at the table working on the
crossword puzzles or sitting at the bar chopping up onions for me. He would watch
television and shell pecans for me to bake with. There are some pictures that stay
in your heart, those special memories of ordinary, everyday things. I think that is
what I need to remember. These pictures mean something to me because of the
memories they represent. Another reminder of why I started this blog - to promote
adoption as a life option.
Yes, I am so blessed to have been adopted at birth!
I'm so glad I took the time to write a post this morning. Sometimes just writing
everything down helps me put things in perspective. I hope you all have a wonderful
day!                                                                                                                        
                                                                             Bye for now, Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment