Thursday, September 29, 2016

"If Only You Could See What I See"

Hello out there! I have so much to share with y'all! I think I will start with the
Kick-Off Rally that was held on Tuesday evening. The rally was great - perfect
weather, friends, family, fellowship, and awesome praise and worship music! We
had a terrific turn-out - approximately 120 - 130 people! The children drew
wonderful pictures with the sidewalk chalk, they sang and danced and had a great
time! Everyone clapped along and did the hand motions to the songs. Today I was
thinking about that kid's movie where the space monster said, "My  hands are in the
air like I just do not care!" That's how we were in the courtyard - singing and clapping
and having the best time. I know, I remember the craziest things! Our music
minister, Frank did an outstanding job. He has the most beautiful voice and you
can feel his love for the Lord with every word he sings! Everyone said that the hot dogs
tasted really good - I didn't get to eat one - I am always too busy running around
taking pictures, hugging and greeting everyone, and "waving my hands in the air like
I just do not care!" The whole evening was a huge blessing! I am so thankful for all
my hard working friends and family who help me put this together! It takes a lot of
work from everyone involved to make everything run smoothly. Thank you to our
friends who cooked the hot dogs and served them. Thank you to Frank for spending
so much time setting up, printing off words to the songs, and rocking downtown
San Angelo with upbeat, "Praise the Lord" music! Vehicles were driving by really
slow to see what was going on! We had plenty of food, enough for seconds if anyone
wanted them. Thank you to everyone who brought desserts! Thank you to everyone
who helped us set up and helped us clean up! And thank you to everyone who showed
up! Your presence, taking the time to come out on a week night, bringing your
families and joining us for this special time of fellowship is what makes it all worth
while! Several people signed up to come and pray an hour each week during the 40
Days for Life campaign which began yesterday. Praying for an end to abortion,
praying for families, praying for peace and praying for the whole world is so necessary!
I am going to try really hard to keep y'all posted every couple of days about all the
blessings in the courtyard! Each day will be different, a new blessing, maybe tears,
always hugs and definitely - prayers and prayers and prayers!
There are some things that happen that really can't be explained. I prayed about this and
decided to share this hymn that seems to sum it up. We sing this hymn at church and
I am writing the words to this hymn from the -
 2015 Today's Missal - Music Issue
 "Prayer of St. Francis"
Make me a channel of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring your love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord, And where there's doubt, true faith in you.
Make me a channel of your peace. Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness only light,   And where there's sadness ever joy.
O Master, grant that I may never seek   So much to be consoled, as to console,
To be understood, as to understand,   To be loved, as to love, with all my soul.
Make me a channel of your peace. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving of ourselves that we receive,   And in dying that we're born to eternal life.
O Master, grant that I may never seek   So much to be consoled, as to console,
To be understood, as to understand,    To be loved, as to love, with all my soul.
People come through the gates of the courtyard for many reasons - I am blessed and
humbled to be part of such an important ministry.
                                           Blessings and peace to you and yours,
                                                            Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment