Sunday, May 22, 2016


Hello Out There! It is a quiet and peaceful Sunday afternoon at the Ynostrosa Hacienda.
Last week our home was the center of activity. Monday evening we had four of our
grandchildren with us. I had a large rump roast with veggies cooking in the oven and a
pot of beans soaking. The older kids played outside and the younger ones stayed inside.
Jim was out in the shop trying to finish up a project. I fed them and bathed them and
then their dad arrived. He was just finishing up a job, he had to work late and his wife,
was at a Catholic Daughter's meeting. After he ate, we loaded up the kids and waved
goodbye. Jim finally finished the project and came inside, it was 9:00 p.m. by the time
we sat down to eat. Our home was quiet once more.
Tuesday morning I picked up one of my dearest friends and we headed to San Antonio
for her doctor's appointment. We talked all the way there, catching up and sharing
news about our children and grandchildren. After her appointment we stopped to eat a
late lunch and then headed back to San Angelo. The clouds were dark and it rained
on and off. We both received calls from our family telling us to be careful, that bad
weather was headed our way. We prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet and arrived safely
home without any problems.
Wednesday morning my daughter and youngest granddaughter stopped by for a visit.
She brought her dad some chocolate chip cookie bars, she had made a large batch.
Jim loves cookies! I filled a large bowl with red beans, the ones I had cooked on
Monday night, and sent that with her. They love fresh cooked red beans!
Thursday morning my daughter and youngest granddaughter came back over to help
me clean house! Jim and I were expecting company for the weekend so Jess and I
tag teamed the housework; stripping beds, washing sheets, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
Friday morning I went to the grocery store at 7:30 a.m. and bought groceries for the
weekend. It was great, there was hardly anybody there that early! I bought a small
bouquet of yellow tulips and put them in a vase when I got home. I put away the
groceries and then I took care of two of my granddaughters while my daughter went
to the beauty shop. Friday afternoon our friends from out of town arrived. They had
only been here about 15 minutes when a friend of ours from church stopped by. He
stayed and visited with us for a little while and then went on his way. Our son and
his family stopped by to visit before our oldest grandson's baseball game. We have
been friends with this couple for years, lots of years! They are more like family.
Godparents to two of our children, he was best man at our wedding, my husband is
their son's Godfather (I wasn't in the picture yet) and she took me under her wing
when Jim and I got married! They moved away years ago, but we have always stayed
close. They were in town for a graduation and were going to spend the night at our
home. We went to our grandson's baseball game and they went to the graduation.
When they got back we decided that since it was such a nice evening (10:30 p.m.)
we would sit out on the back porch. We sat out there, a citronella candle burning,
the radio playing oldies, a glass of wine for us, a beer for them, and we talked and
we laughed and we talked and laughed some more! At 1:30 a.m. we came back inside
and called it a night. I made the coffee, set the timer and went to bed. At 8:30 a.m.
Jim told me to get up because everyone was awake. I frowned at him but I did get up.
We had a cup of coffee and then we loaded up in their truck and went out to eat
breakfast. On the way home we stopped by our daughter and son-in-law's home so
that they could visit for a few minutes. After we got back here they packed,
we made plans to get together again soon and waved goodbye.
Then........................Jim and I got back into the truck and went to pick up our grand-
sons because they were going to spend the day with us. The rest of the day;
haircuts, birthday party at the bowling alley, helping Pa outside, dinner, showers,
Despicable Me 2, hugs and lights out (it ended up being a sleep-over) a very, very
tired Nana and Pa went to bed.
This morning we woke up, literally dragged ourselves out of bed, Jim fixed the boys
something to eat and then we headed toward their home (about 45 minutes away).
We usually meet in the middle, but I was moving slow and so our son had to drive a
little farther this time. Hugs, goodbyes and off we drove, separate directions back to
our homes.
Jim and I quietly read the newspaper and then tidied up.
It is quiet right now but it won't last long!
I hope you all have a restful Sunday, a little time to recharge your batteries.
I'm going rest for a few minutes before I get ready for the 6:00 p.m. Mass.
God bless you all.                        Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment