Monday, May 16, 2016

FAITH IS THE FABRIC OF OUR LIVES!

Good Morning Out There! So much to say, so much to share! Last week was just
awesome! Fellowship and fun at the Parish Family Picnic on Wednesday evening!
It just warms my heart to see so many families enjoying spending time together!
Throwing Frisbees, playing football, eating together, laughing and talking, there
were so many families at the picnic and I loved being part of it!
We traveled out of town on Thursday, headed to the Houston area to visit our
oldest son and his family. A very special event was happening on Saturday!
We were blessed to see another one of our granddaughters make her
First Holy Communion on Saturday. The Mass was wonderful, the homily really
hit home. It is so important for parents to be good examples for their children, at
home is where the children learn so much about their faith. Praying together, going
to Mass together, putting God first in our families. Grandparents, Godparents and
Catechists also guide and teach our children. Leading by example was what the
homily emphasized. The children were all so reverent when they received
communion, such a beautiful, amazing sacrament. I'm so thankful that we were
able to be there. Spending time with our children and grandchildren is always
great and especially when we are celebrating a very happy and joyful occasion!
On Sunday, we celebrated Pentecost. The Mass back here at our parish home was
a blessing. We were tired from our seven hour journey back home but we knew we
needed to go to Mass. We unpacked, got ready, and headed to church. We were both
so tired, but so glad that we made the effort and attended Mass. This morning we woke
up early and went to the Adoration Chapel for our usual Monday morning time.
If you read my blog posts on a regular basis you will understand the following, if
you don't, go back and read from two weeks ago and this will make sense, I think.


Guess what? We have real Folgers Coffee in our home now, and I got it ready last
night and set the timer! The coffee was ready when we woke up!
Now for the rest of the story!
There were some other really nice things that happened last week and I feel so very
blessed! My cup runneth over!
Two weeks ago I told y'all in one of my blog posts that we had run out of regular
Folgers Coffee and we only had decaf. Anyway, that is not a good situation in our
household and I did go out and buy a large container of coffee that very same day.
Well, last Monday, I went to help at the Sack Lunch Ministry and there was a 30 oz.
container of Folgers Coffee sitting on the counter with a note attached to it. It had
my name on it and it said, "To a great lady that needs her cup of Java early in the
morning. God Bless you and all that you do!" I asked Mrs. Rose who left it for me
and she said it was already there when she arrived. Is that not the neatest thing?
I found out later who left it, one of my sweet prayer warriors who comes to pray
during the 40 Days for Life campaigns. I told her that was so thoughtful and she
just made my day! Well, on Wednesday, at the Family Picnic, one of my students
gave me a gift. (I teach the 4th grade CCD class) She wrote the nicest thank you
note and inside the cute gift basket was a silver cross that says, "Special Teacher"
- one I can hang on the wall. I'm going to hang it up in my office! There was some-
thing else under the tissue paper. It was another container of Folgers Coffee, the
Breakfast Blend kind and it is a 25 oz. container! I laughed, thanked Josie, and looked
for her mother. I gave her a hug too and she replied, "I read your blog!" I told her
about the other container of coffee and we both laughed. That same night, at the
picnic, I received another thank you note. This note was for both Jim and I, it was
from the couple we are helping with their marriage preparation class. The
note was thanking us for dinner and for taking the time to help them during this
special time in their lives. My heart just grew and grew, I felt so blessed and I could
just feel God's love from each one of these special moments of kindness and
friendship. God is so good. I pray that you each receive a special type of blessing
in your lives today and the whole week through.
I wrote a post last May that I want to share again today, or at least part of it.
I hope it makes you smile and I hope you have a wonderful day.


May 12, 2015
Jim has already headed off to work. We are both thankful that he is still working,
and we are praying for those who have been let go. Life is full of ups and downs,
the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. The other day I was listening to the
local Catholic radio station as I was running errands and I heard the neatest thing.
I caught the end of the program, but is was about how to have a happy and long
marriage, you know, the death til you part kind of marriage. A married couple are
the hosts for this particular program and their guest was a priest. He gave one of
the best analogies I've ever heard about how a couple must have God in their lives.
He said that a husband and wife are like two pieces of bread, and if you just place
them together they will fall apart. But, if you put peanut butter on the bread and
then place them together, the two pieces of bread will stick together. God is the
peanut butter that holds the couple together! Don't you just love that? I laughed
and laughed, I couldn't wait to tell Jim. Well, he also thought it was a great way to
describe how we need God in our lives.
This morning I fixed Jim some peanut butter and jelly crackers. While I was in the
kitchen, Jim was in our room getting ready for work. As I put the peanut butter
on the crackers, I thought about what that priest said. I poured a cup of coffee for
Jim and carried it to our room. He was kneeling on our hard floor saying his morning
prayers. I sat the coffee down on the dresser, placed my hand on his shoulder and kissed
the top of his head. An overwhelming feeling came over me. I just felt so blessed that
in our marriage, we have God to help hold us together.
May your day be full of blessings.
#marriage
#family
#faith




No comments:

Post a Comment