Monday, March 14, 2016

I SAID A LITTLE PRAYER FOR YOU!

Hello Out There! It is an absolutely gorgeous day! I try to always be thankful and
to remember that compared to many others, I have no reason to ever complain
about anything!
After Mass last night Jim gave me some money asked me to buy (3) candles for
us to bring home. I bought the candles, our priest blessed them for me and then I
stopped in the courtyard, said a quick prayer and gathered up the prayer books and
40 Days for Life sign-in sheet.
On the way home I asked Jim who we were going to light the candles for
and lift up with extra prayers this week. Jim had read the Sunday paper earlier
in the day, I had not read it yet. He told me about the chemical warfare that was
going on and the people who were wounded and killed.
I just felt sick at my stomach as he told me the news. He said one candle is for the
innocent people in the countries where the chemical warfare broke out, the second
candle is for some dear friends who are going through a lot and the third candle is
for our grandchildren.
Right before we went to bed Jim lit all three candles. We put them on  top of the
stove, a safe place for them to burn at night. We stood there in the kitchen next to
the stove and prayed. As we prayed, I began to cry, I just felt so helpless about
what was going on in the other countries. When we finished praying we talked
about how important it is to pray for others. My heart felt a little lighter as we
went to bed. When the alarm went off at 4:00 a.m. this morning I put the pillow
over my head. Jim was the first one up, he always is, and when he was almost
ready  he said, "Sharla, it's time to get up, we have to go to adoration and we don't
need to be in a hurry."
I stuck one of my legs out of the covers and thought to myself, "Maybe I'll just sit
this one out" and then I said to myself, "That is exactly what the devil wants me to
do!" I threw back the covers and quickly got ready. Jim brought me a cup of coffee,
he knows me so well! We arrived at the Adoration Chapel right on time. We spent
a very peaceful and prayerful hour and then we headed home. On the way home I
told Jim how I almost stayed in bed this morning and he said in a laughingly
shocked voice, "You need to say three Our Fathers for that!" I laughed and said that
no, I did not, because I did not stay in bed, I went to adoration! And I'm sure glad I
did! Going to the Adoration Chapel on Monday mornings is a great way to start the
week off right!
Back to the reality of what is going on in the world right now - we need to pray, and
we need to pray hard for families all across the world. Last week I posted the
Divine Mercy Chaplet on my blog, a wonderful prayer for the whole world.
Today I'm going to post a prayer I wrote last May. A prayer for everyone - a prayer
for you. May God bless you and keep you safe wherever you are:


I pray that your day is full of blessings.
If you are sick, I pray that you will get well.
If you have lost a loved one, I pray that you will be comforted.

If you are anxious, I pray that a feeling of peace will wash over you.
If you are lonely, I pray that someone  will reach out to you, I pray that you
will know that even though I may not know you,  I really do care.
If you are struggling financially, I pray that God will send you what you need.
If you are struggling with addiction, I pray that God will give you strength
and courage to give up whatever is holding you hostage.

If you are in a crisis pregnancy, I pray that you will be directed to the path of life,
and guided to all the help that is available for you and your baby.
If you are a caregiver, I pray that you will get the rest you need, and know that it
is ok to take time for yourself.
Dear God, I pray for peace all across the whole world. I pray for peace in every

country. I pray for those who seek refuge.
I pray for those who are hungry and thirsty. I pray for the homeless and the lonely.
I lift all the intentions I've listed above to You, God our Father.
I pray for anyone and  everyone who might be suffering or going through any
of the things I've written  about.
Please God, show us how to take care of each other, to love one another and
help us to be discerning in all that we do. Thank you for today, please guide us and
help us to live the way you want us to. Please keep us safe and help us to look to
You, and not the world for direction and answers.

 In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment