Tuesday, December 22, 2015

BABY GIRLS AND BIRTHDAYS AND THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!

Hello Out There! Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. She is all grown-up now,
married with three beautiful daughters of her own. Last night Jim and I babysat the
girls while my daughter and her husband went out to eat. Their youngest daughter is
our youngest grandchild, our little number 10! They were only gone for about an
hour and a half, but at least they were able to eat their meal while it was still hot! I
remember those days, a mom's work is never done, and more times than not, your meal
has cooled by the time you get to sit down and eat! Watching my daughter take care
of her family, her devotion to them, brings tears to my eyes and makes my heart
swell with pride. Even though we have 8 granddaughters, we love so very much,
our daughter will always be our "Baby Girl" no matter what!
I know that I have said this before, but I will say it again, I love being a mom!
December is such a special month, and I am so thankful for my husband, children
and grandchildren! I still have so much to do before Christmas Eve, but I keep
reminding myself that Christmas is a season, not just one day. The twelve days of
Christmas begin on Christmas Day and go through the Epiphany. I've decided that
instead of stressing out, I'm going to truly celebrate the whole season! My neighbors
may get baked goods on the 2nd day of Christmas, and my Christmas cards may get 
mailed out on Christmas Eve and arrive on the 3rd day of Christmas! My plan is to
spread Christmas cheer not just during the season but throughout the whole entire year! 
So if you're like me, a little behind, take a deep breath, write out a list, make yourself
a cup of hot cocoa, and just sit for a minute and be blessed. Be blessed with the true
beauty of what Christmas means, the true gift is love, and it can't be bought! Spend
time with your loved ones, have a special family night. Take a treat to someone who
lives all alone. Call a distant relative, just hearing your voice will be such a gift. Pray
with your kids and hug them tight! Tell your spouse you love them and kiss their cheek!
Remember to thank God for giving us His Son. Wow! Thank you, God, for giving
us Your Son! Amen.
                                  Blessings to you and yours!        Bye for now, Sharla

1 comment:

  1. Happy and blessed tears as I read your blog...love you momma!

    ReplyDelete