Monday, August 24, 2015

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE, I'M GOING TO TRY AND LET IT SHINE!

Good Morning Out There! Prayers are being said for all the children, teens, teachers,
counselors, bus drivers and everyone else who works in our schools!
Today was the first day of  school for six of my grandchildren. My youngest
grandson is in Kindergarten, one of my granddaughters is in First Grade, and another
granddaughter is in Third Grade.  My three oldest grandchildren are all in the
Fourth Grade (one grandson and two granddaughters.) I have two more grand-
daughters that will be going to Mother's Day Out programs and the youngest two
granddaughters (5 1/2 months and almost 5 months) are still at home with their moms!
Yes, the girls out number the boys 4 to 1!
Last night before Mass I bought candles. I carried the candles over to the Shrine of
Our Lady of Guadalupe.  I said the name of each one of my grandchildren as I lit a
candle for them. I knelt down to pray and looked at all the candles burning brightly.
I looked up at the beautiful picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and smiled. As I prayed
for each one of my grandchildren I thought about all the people who had lit a candle,      
what an awesome visual sign of faith.  Prayers lifted up to God for all of our intentions,
always praying for those we love.
This morning Jim and I were at the Adoration Chapel. I love the quiet, peaceful hour
that we spend there early each Monday morning. I prayed the Joyful Mysteries of the
rosary and read my daily devotionals. Jim and I sit side by side, sometimes he is
kneeling, other times I am, we quietly pray our own prayers. The hour that we spend
with Jesus in the quiet little chapel is truly priceless.
I read something in one of my devotionals about being a light in the darkness. I hope
that I am a light to those around me.
I am going to close with a prayer I wrote a couple months back.


I pray that your day is full of blessings. If you are sick, I pray that you will get well.
If you have lost a loved one, I pray that you will be comforted. If you are anxious,
I pray that a feeling of peace will wash over you. If you are lonely, I pray that someone
will reach out to you, I pray that you will know that even though I may not know you,
I really do care. If you are struggling financially, I pray that God will send you what
you need. If you are struggling with addiction, I pray that God will give you strength
and courage to give up whatever is holding you hostage. If you are in a crisis pregnancy,
I pray that you will be directed to the path of life, and guided to all the help that is
available for you and your baby. If you are a caregiver, I pray that you will get the
rest you need, and know that it is ok to take time for yourself.
Dear God, I lift all the intentions I've listed above to you. I pray for anyone and
everyone who might be suffering or going through any of the things I've written
about. Please God, show us how to take care of each other, to love one another and
help us to be discerning in all that we do. Thank you for today, please guide us and
help us to live the way you want us to. Please keep us safe and help us to look to
You, and not the world for direction and answers. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
                                                Blessings and Peace, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment