Friday, January 9, 2015

A Cinnamon Stick, 40 Days, The Way, The Truth, and The Life

Hello out there! I hope y'all are having a good day. My last post was about my cute
little percolator, and the beginning of coffee in the mornings for Jim and I. The evening
after I posted the story on my blog Jim sat down and read it. We laughed again, and
I asked him if he remembered the percolator. He said that he remembered it was small
and a cream color. I replied, "Yes and it had flowers painted on it." I told y'all in my
post how we always drink Folgers Coffee. Well, that night when I prepared the coffee
and set the delay brew button, I decided I wanted to add part of a cinnamon stick to the
brew basket. The next morning when I poured the coffee, I could smell the cinnamon,
I thought it might be a nice change. I tasted the coffee and thought it tasted pretty good.
Jim drank a cup, but he was not impressed. Needless to say, last night when I made the
coffee, the cinnamon stick was left out. I can always sprinkle ground cinnamon in mine
if I decide to try something different again!
I posted updated information on my 40 Days for Life face book page yesterday. I changed
the cover picture. I replaced it with a picture I took of several of the brochures we have
about abortion, adoption, healing after abortion, and help that is available at the
pregnancy help centers. We offer the brochures in English and Spanish, we also have
several prayer cards that are available. Take as many or as few as you like, some people
read them while they are at the prayer vigil for the unborn.
I have to finish some paperwork for the family business so I better close for now. I hope
you all have a wonderful weekend!


Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to
the Father except through me."      John 14:6


A quote from Mother Teresa:
Keep the light of Christ always shining in your hearts. Only He is the Way to
be trodden. He is the Truth we must speak out. He is the Love we must love.


                                                      Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment