Tuesday, December 30, 2014

On The Sixth Day of Christmas, I Celebrate Another Year

Good Morning out there! Today is the Sixth Day within the Octave of the
Nativity of the Lord, also known as, the sixth day of Christmas! I love that
my birthday falls during the Christmas season! Sometimes I'm like a small
child, when I woke up today, I danced around in my flannel pajamas singing
it's my birthday, it's my birthday! I'm not excited because I may get presents,
but because I'm alive! Each day is a gift, our lives are a gift from God.
I want to share something from the Magnificat (a monthly Catholic book with
the readings from the Old and New Testaments of the Bible and Responsorial
Psalms that will be proclaimed at daily Mass). The booklet also includes;
morning prayers, a hymn from the scriptures, evening prayers, a meditation
for the day, and a short story about the lives of certain Saints.
The following is from the readings for today in the Magnificat:


Canticle of Judith
As for  me, I am old and gray. I have lived with you from my youth to the
present day. 1 Samuel 12:2


Anna had grown old in faith and hope, but when she saw the Child of God's
promise brought to the temple, she sang in her heart a new song of praise
and thanksgiving. One is never too old to be surprised by joy.


A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke 2:36-40
     There was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe
of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived seven years with her
husband after her marriage, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four.
She was constantly in the temple, worshiping day and night with fasting and
prayer. And coming forward at that very time, she gave thanks to God and
spoke about the child to all who were awaiting the redemption of Jerusalem.
    When the pair had fulfilled all the prescriptions of the law of the Lord, they
returned to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. The child grew in size
and strength, filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.


Canticle of Mary
Glory in his holy name;
Rejoice , O hearts that seek the Lord! Look to the
Lord in his strength; seek to serve him constantly.
1 Chronicles 16:10-11


I wanted to share these readings with you because I realize how much they
describe the way I feel today. So I start my new year of life  today, with hope,
with joy, with faith, with anticipation of the days ahead, and most of all,
with love in my heart and a prayer of thanksgiving on my lips.


Blessings to you all! I pray that we will all keep the true meaning of Christmas
and the beautiful spirit of Christmas in our hearts and homes throughout
this year, and in the new year to come.
                                                  Bye for now, Sharla







No comments:

Post a Comment