Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas is More Than Just One Day!

Hello out there! I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas! I love the
entire Christmas Season! We spent Christmas Eve with our children and
grandchildren. We went to the Christmas Eve Vigil Mass and then came back
home for food and fun! My daughter-in-law's parents and one of my son's
friends from school (whom we claim as one of our own) joined us also.
We have a beautiful nativity scene on the front porch, I wrapped our statue
of Baby Jesus in a warm blanket and placed him in the manger, and then we
sang Happy Birthday. The grandkids love that. I did have to tell them that we
were not adding the "Cha Cha Cha" part as we sang to Baby Jesus!
On Christmas Day, Jim and I woke up to a quiet house! While he fixed
breakfast, I ran some sugar cookies that my daughter and grandkids made up
to the Sack Lunch Ministry at our church. Some really special people made sure
that lunches were given out on Christmas Day to those in need! I delivered the
cookies and gave all those sweet people a hug and wished them a Merry Christmas
and headed back home. I baked a pecan pie to take to my sister-in-laws for a
late lunch. We enjoyed visiting and catching up with our extended family.
On the third day of Christmas I baked banana bread and ordered cards with pictures
of my family to send out for a Happy New Year! (Needless to say, I didn't get my
Christmas cards out in time!)
On the fourth day of Christmas I delivered banana bread to many of my neighbors.
Tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 51, I can't believe it!
Well, I just wanted to say hello and that I hope you are all having a blessed Christmas
season! I'll try to write another post tomorrow.
I will close with this verse from the bible:
                   The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
                                             Psalm 126:3


                                                             Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment