Saturday, July 23, 2022

Love the Scriptures! God is Always Guiding Us!

 Hello out there! The weather report for today is...yes, you guessed it - Hot! It is 97 degrees at 1:45 pm (CST) and the high for today is 101 degrees. I am thankful that we have air conditioners that work in our home and in our vehicles. The AC went out in Jim's truck back in June but thankfully we were able to get it repaired! He works outside in the heat so I sure don't want him to have to drive in it! Praying for everyone who works in the heat, the homeless, and families who don't have adequate air conditioning. Praying for rain also!

I want to share some scriptures I read this past week from my daily devotional, Magnificat:

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

A reading from the beginning of the Book of the Prophet Jeremiah 1:1,4-10

The words of Jeremiah, son of Hilkiah, of a priestly family in Anathoth, in the land of Benjamin. The word of the Lord came to me thus:

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you. "Ah, Lord God!" I said, "I know not how to speak; I am too young."                   But the Lord answered me, Say not, "I am too young." To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. Have no fear before them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord.  

Then the Lord extended his hand and touched my mouth, saying,                                                              See, I place my words in your mouth! This day I set you over nations and over kingdoms, To root up  and to tear down, to destroy and to demolish, to build and to plant.    

The following scriptures really grabbed me - As I read and re-read them I thought about everything   that is going on in the world today. I pray that God will guide us as He did the Prophet Jeremiah:      that He will place the words in our mouths.

Thursday, July 21, 2022

A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew 13:10-17          

The disciples approached Jesus and said, "Why do you speak to the crowd in parables?"                     He said to them in reply, "Because knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of heaven has been granted to you, but to them it has not been granted. To anyone who has, more will be given  and he will grow rich; from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away.                                  This is why I speak to them in parables, because they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand. 

Isaiah's prophecy is fulfilled in them, which says:

You shall indeed hear but not understand, you shall indeed look but never see. Gross is the heart     of this people, they will hardly hear with their ears, they have closed their eyes, lest they see with  their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their hears and be converted and I heal them. 

"But blessed are your eyes, because they see, and your ears, because they hear. Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."

Wow! Please Lord, lead us on the paths You want us to follow,. Please open our eyes, so that we can  see Your face, our ears so that we can hear Your voice, and mold our hearts to Your ways. Amen.

Not only does the Magnificat have all the daily Mass readings. It also has morning prayers, psalms,   and scriptures, evening prayers, psalms, and scriptures, daily meditations, and stories about the     Saints! This month the stories are about Saints who encourage us to pray.

Have y'all ever heard of, "Blessed Herman the Cripple?" His story is so beautiful. He died in 1054.    He was born with a cleft palate, spina bifida, and cerebral palsy. Please read about him - his story is    so inspiring. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

And as always, 

Peace and blessings to you and yours, near and far, wherever you are!

Bye for now, Sharla





                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment