Saturday, July 9, 2022

Life IS a Gift - Love Babies, Born and Unborn -Take Care of Your Family

 Hello out there! The weather report for today is HOT! It is 103 degrees right now - 2:20 pm CST. The high for today is 104 degrees. Stay hydrated and if you work outside - stay really hydrated! My heart goes out to all the people who have to work out in the elements. My husband is a welder and many of his jobs are outside and even if he's in the shop - it's hot in there! 

This blog post is going to be one of my "all over the place" type of posts. I have so much on my heart and there are a lot of things I want to share, clarify, expose the lies, etc. I took a walk this morning and prayed for God to help me find the right words and to share the right message with everyone who reads my blog.

The following statements, stories, etc. will not be in any order of importance - whatever pops into my mind first is what I will begin with.

On Friday morning, June 24th of 2022 I watched Fox News, and waited for the Supreme Courts decision on Roe v Wade. I was in the living room, folding clothes when I heard they were going to announce the decision. Jim walked in and we both stood there and I tightly held his hand that was holding mine. I'm so thankful that we were there together when we heard the news. We hugged, I cried, we gave thanks to the Lord, and we prayed against any and all adverse reactions that we knew would come from the decision to send abortion regulations back to the states. I've been appalled at the hate mongering that is taking place in our country over this decision.

1. Why is there so much hate for the innocent unborn baby in their mother's womb? How has this country become so callous that they are even against Pregnancy Help Centers and Pregnancy Resource Centers that actually help women and their babies, born and unborn? When did we stop teaching about cause and effect, personal responsibility, moral integrity, and believing in the sanctity of life? And choice? They say: adoption is wrong, pregnancy help centers are bad, getting married and being responsible is unthinkable, and having a baby will just be too hard, as they scream, "Abortion on demand and without apology." Their slogans bring out a wide range of emotions in me; some make me sad, others break my heart, and then there are those that are like a slap in the face. Please God, please help us.

2. This paragraph is important! Responding to the lies that bring fear to pregnant young ladies and pregnant women. They have been saying that you will not be treated if you've had a miscarriage and the baby is still in your womb and that you will not be treated if you have an ectopic pregnancy. That is an out right lie! MISCARRIAGES AND ECTOPIC PREGNANCY TREATMENT ARE NOT ABORTIONS! To learn more about this information please go to liveaction.org and look for the story: DEBUNKED: 11 myths about post-Roe abortion laws.

3. Why are Planned Parenthood Clinics shutting down? They've always claimed that abortions are only 3% of their services. If abortion truly was just 3% - they would have no problems staying in business. It doesn't take a degree in Business or Accounting to figure that out! The abortion industry is big business - a whole lot of blood money! Look up the incomes of the CEO and other top execs at Planned Parenthood.                                                   

4. Pregnancy Help Centers and Pregnancy Resource Centers receive no tax payer money and rely on donations from people in their communities. All of their services are free. You don't have to qualify to receive their services. Free ultrasounds, free pregnancy tests, they offer parenting classes, clothes for newborns, infants, and young toddlers and some also have maternity clothes. And so much more! All clothing items and blankets that have been donated are washed by volunteers, new and used. To find out more information contact your local pregnancy help center.                                                                           The following phone number is a National Hotline that is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. 1-800-712-HELP (4357) You can speak to someone in English or Spanish. If someone dials this number they are asked for their zip code or city and state and they will be given the address and phone number for the nearest Pregnancy Help Center/ Pregnancy Resource Center. (Yes, I've called it! I like to make sure information I share is accurate.)

 5. The political response has been an embarrassing array of temper tantrum throwing, threats, ugliness and disgraceful! Lord Jesus, help us! I mean this from the bottom of my heart - we are dealing with spiritual warfare. Put on the full armor of God! The following scriptures and prayers are from a previous post. (6/29/21)

The scriptures I share in my blog today are from our family bible, Saint Joseph Edition of the New American Bible.

Christian Warfare:                                                                                                                           Ephesians 6:10-17

Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and his mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. Our battle is not against human forces but against the principalities and powers, the rulers of this world of darkness, the evil spirits in regions above. You must put on the armor of God if you are to resist on the evil day; do all that your duty requires, and hold your ground. Stand fast, with the truth as the belt around your waist, justice as your breastplate, and zeal to propagate the gospel of peace as your footgear. In all circumstances hold faith up before you as your shield; it will help you extinguish the fiery darts of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, the word of God. 

Assiduous Prayer:   ( I looked up the word, assiduous - it means, diligent, steadily attentive.)                 Ephesians 6:18-20

At every opportunity pray in the Spirit, using prayers and petitions of every sort. Pray constantly and attentively for all in the holy company. Pray for me that God may put his word on my lips, that I may courageously make known the mystery for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may have the courage to proclaim it as I ought.

I am guilty of thinking, "I know that scripture" so I will just glance over it. As I typed the scriptures from Ephesians, I read them over and over. It made me think about Paul, and how he worked so hard to share the gospel, the faith and determination he maintained. The following is the last four verses in his Epistle to the Ephesians.

Conclusion:                                                                                                                                  Ephesians 6:21-24

Tychicus, my dear brother and faithful minister in the Lord, will keep you informed as to how I am and what I am doing. I have sent him to you for the very purpose of giving you news about me for your hearts' consolation.                                                                                                                        May God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ grant the brothers peace and love and faith. Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with unfailing love.

I don't think I've ever read those last four verses - They are so full of hope and love - The final verse, "Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with unfailing love."  I say, "Amen and amen"!

The St. Michael Prayer is one my family and I repeat on a daily basis - and sometimes, this prayer is prayed multiple times!

                                                                       St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

I'm back from the past - 7/9/2022
If you are wondering how you can help mothers and their babies, born and unborn, in need - here are a few suggestions. Call your local pregnancy help center and ask what they need. Purchase the items and / or make monetary contributions. If you have time - offer to wash some of the donated clothing they receive. I'm sure they have even more suggestions if you call them. Make sure your parish or church has a contact person if a family or pregnant mother is in need of help. One of the most important things we can do is to take care of our own families and to teach our children, by word and example how to help others, in our neighborhoods, in our parishes and churches, and in our communities.

I'm going to close with a prayer I wrote in the fall of 2016:

 My prayer today is for the unborn, the innocent little babes.
My prayer today is for the little ones who are hungry and abused.
My prayer today is for the children who have to grow up too fast.
My prayer is for the teenagers who move from one foster home to the next.
My prayer is for those who live in group homes and those who have no home at all.
My prayer is that all these children, from the unborn baby in their mother's womb,
to the fully grown young ladies and young men, that they will be loved
and protected, nurtured and fed. I pray that they have shoes that fit and clothes
for all the seasons. I pray that they have a roof over their heads. And not just a roof,
but an actual home where they feel safe and feel loved and special.
Dear God, please, protect all children everywhere. Amen.

One more thing! - Adoption IS a loving life option!
 
And as always - Peace and blessings to you and yours, near and far, wherever you are!
                                                  
Bye for now,
Sharla





3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. I agreed with you and I will incorporate that pray you wrote into my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your comment. Peace and blessings, Sharla

    ReplyDelete