Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Fill Your Homes With Love and Laughter!

Good morning out there! We are being blessed with rain right now. I love to listen
to the sound of the rain pouring down. I always thank God for watering my plants
for me! I'm also thankful that Jim and our son have a job indoors today. When you
are self-employed you go where the work is and last week it was outside!
Last night, while Jim and I were eating dinner, we talked about how much we enjoyed
our time together on Sunday. We had biscuits and coffee for breakfast and read the
newspaper. We looked over some business paperwork and we took a nap! We both
go full steam ahead all during the week and by Sunday we are both ready to rest -
like God wants us to do. We decided that a hearty soup sounded great for dinner so
we got busy. Jim peeled and cut potatoes and onions while I cooked the meat and
added all the seasoning. We combined everything, put a lid on it, and turned the heat
down to low. We got ready for Mass, turned off the stove, and headed to church.
We arrived early and prayed the rosary with those who were there. Being at Mass
was wonderful. I wish you could have seen all the families, all the toddlers and the
babies. I love seeing families together at Mass - that just makes my heart happy!
After Mass, Jim and I came home to a wonderful aroma of hearty beef and
vegetable soup with lots of spices simmered in! While he went outside and fed the
animals, I cut the left over biscuits from breakfast in half and toasted them with a little
butter to go with our soup. It was great! We always give thanks to God before we eat.
Well, I have to go and pay some bills and balance the bank statement now.
But first I'm going to attach a picture of the outdoor frame that Jim and I made two
Sundays ago. We just used stuff we already had and it was easy. Jim hung it on our
back porch and we think it looks really good! (I need to relocate the white electrical
cord!) That old radio is the one we listen to on Saturday nights!
Everyday is a gift - Always hug and kiss your spouse before they leave for work.
Hug and kiss your children before they head off to school and pray for them and
pray with them! Put notes in their lunch boxes and listen to them when they come
home! Take care of each other and let love and laughter fill your homes!
God bless you all!
                                                                            Bye for now, Sharla








No comments:

Post a Comment