Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet - A Prayer for People All Over the World


Hello out there - The news at home and abroad and all across our world has been so
heartbreaking.  The violence is never ending and sometimes you feel really helpless.
People all over the world need our prayers. Things change yet they stay the same.
The following is a post I wrote last summer - I'm feeling today like I did then.



  
Because of all the fighting/wars and terrorist attacks that are going on, I worry about the
people in many of the countries I see come up on my blog stat section. I hope that they
are ok. I just want them to know that I am praying for them and for their families.
I don't know their names, I don't know what they look like, but for some reason, they
read my blog. I have seen a large increase in people from different countries reading my
posts.  I place my hand over the map each day I see their country listed and pray for
them and I place my hand over the map each day I don't see their country listed and I
pray for them. I pray for their safety and well being.
There  are so many wars going on in our world right now, so much violence, so much
evil - We need to turn back to God.



Dear God, please watch over all these countries where war has broken out.
Please God, protect the innocent people and their families. Please protect us
all from the terrorist's plots, attacks and threats.
Thank you, God, for our many blessings. Please be with all those who are in
need. Please God, show us and guide us to how we can best help others.
You created us all, please help us to love our neighbor,
care for one another, and to pray for those who seek a better life.
 In Jesus Name I pray Dear Lord, Amen.

As a Catholic, I pray The Divine Mercy Chaplet. This prayer is for the whole world.
It is really beautiful when we sing this Chaplet. (I'm singing this as I'm typing)
The refrain goes like this:
For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
If you listen to the Catholic radio station 91.5 FM, they sing the Divine Mercy Chaplet
at 3:00 pm each day.
To pray The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy:
(It is easier to keep up with if you have a rosary, but if you don't,
 you can count on your fingers.)
1. Begin with the Sign of the Cross, Pray (1) Our Father, (1) Hail Mary
and The Apostles Creed.
2. Prayer - (Pray this 1 time) Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood,
Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in atonement for ours sins and those of the whole world.   
3. Pray this refrain 10 times:
  For the sake of His sorrowful passion,
 have mercy on us and on the whole world.
You repeat steps (2) & (3) for a total of (5) times.
4. Conclude with (3 times)
  Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One,
 have mercy on us and on the whole world.
5. Make the sign of the cross and say Amen.
This is a beautiful, peaceful prayer. I find myself humming or singing it a lot.
I also pray it if I wake up during the night.
May God Bless you and keep you safe wherever you are, wherever you live.
May God help us to love and care for one another.
                                                 Bye for now, Sharla
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment