Tuesday, June 7, 2016

WALKING AND PRAYING - SPENDING SOME QUIET TIME WITH GOD!

Hello Out There! The sun is shining and the flowers are blooming and the birds
are flying everywhere! Yesterday Jim and I watched a little humming bird
getting pollen from some flowers in one of our hanging baskets. Their wings flutter
so fast as they move from flower bud to flower bud. We have a large window right
in front of our kitchen table and a small window right above the kitchen sink. Both
of these windows face our front yard. We love watching the birds and the squirrels!
These windows are on the west side of our home and we are able to look out and see
all of the beautiful sunsets. The colors of the sky have been so many different hues of
pink, orange, and blue the last week or so. The clouds have also been neat to watch,
so many varying shapes and colors. This morning I went for a walk on a road that
is close to the lake, about two miles long and has a natural incline. Many people
walk, run, and bike on this very popular road. I saw lizards darting across the road,
colorful butterflies and all kinds of birds as I walked. It was about 76 degrees outside
and not windy at all. I walked and prayed and enjoyed being outside on such a beautiful
morning. I felt so at peace when I got back to my truck. I ran some errands, took lunch
to my husband, and took care of some invoices for our family business.
I don't have anything major to tell y'all about, or any crazy stories to share.
I just wanted to check in and say hi. I hope you all have a really great day.
Take time to watch the sun set and the birds fly.
Take a few minutes and just be with God, you will be so glad you did! Peace be
with you and your family!


The eyes of the Lord are upon those who love him; He is their mighty shield
and strong support. A shelter from the heat, a shade from the noonday sun,
a guard against stumbling, a help against falling.  
He buoys up the spirits, brings a sparkle to the eyes, 
gives health and life and blessing.   
               Sirach 34:16, 17


O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.
My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold!
                    Psalm 18:3
                                                                                           Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment