Friday, January 15, 2016

YOU MIGHT BE CATHOLIC IF...........YOU JUST TOOK YOUR NATIVITY SCENE DOWN!

Hello Out There! The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day! I just brought my
outside Nativity Scene in yesterday. I carefully carried in the statues of Mother Mary,
St. Joseph, Baby Jesus and the manger. I set them up in the living room just like they
were outside. I brought in the statues of the lambs, the donkey, the steer, the star and
the small angel. This is a big Nativity Scene, the statue of Joseph is 3 1/2 feet tall, to
give you an idea of the size. I knew I wouldn't be able to put everything up in the
boxes until today so I made sure the Nativity Scene was set up in the living room out
of the way. Jim came home and said, "I see you've moved the Holy Family inside" and
I laughed and promised I would put them up soon! This morning I left early to pick
up supplies for the Sack Lunch Ministry, I drove to the church and put all the supplies
away while Miss Rose was making the sandwiches. The other volunteers showed up
and Janice and I sat down to write out an article for the church bulletin thanking
everyone for all the coats, caps, socks, gloves, blankets, toiletries and food items that
were donated to The Sack Lunch Ministry over the Christmas Season. My daughter
and two of my granddaughters stopped by to visit and then we ran over to the Noon
Mass. We were running a few minutes late but we made it! Jim and our son were
already there. They work together, we have a family business, and they decided to
go to Mass since I would already be there helping with the lunches. I always love
it when we are at Mass together!
I ran some errands and came home. I fixed a quick snack for lunch, ate and looked
at my Nativity Scene. I knew it was time to put it away. I got a damp cloth and
carefully wiped each statue and put them in their designated boxes and placed the
boxes in my "Christmas Closet." I prayed as I put my Nativity Scene away. I prayed
for families everywhere. I prayed for moms, I prayed for dads, and I prayed for the
babies and children of all ages.
I hope you all have a wonderful, safe weekend! Hug your spouse, hug your kids,
and thank the Good Lord for your blessings! I am trying to keep the Spirit of
Christmas in my heart the whole year through! Blessings, blessings, blessings
to you!                                                       Bye for now, Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment