Thursday, March 5, 2015

This Blog is My Way of Speaking for Those Who Cannot Speak for Themselves





Good Morning out there! It is cold and icy outside! Please don't drive if you don't
have to. If you are scheduled to come and pray at the courtyard, please pray from
wherever you are! Be safe, God will hear our prayers!
I'm going to list some of the prayers we pray out at the courtyard.


                                            Prayer to End Abortion

                        Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
                       and for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
                   I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
                           yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
                                  by the Resurrection of Your Son.
                              I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
                                        Today I commit myself
                                         Never to be silent,
                                         Never to be passive,
                                   Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
                                       I commit myself to be active
                                         in the pro-life movement,
                                      and to never stop defending life
                             Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
                                   and our nation once again becomes
                                     A nation with liberty and justice
                                       not just for some, but for all.
                                   Through Christ our Lord. Amen!


We pray the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary on Thursdays. At the courtyard, if you
are Catholic, we pray the Pro-life Rosary because it has specific intentions for the unborn
following each mystery and the scripture.



I'm going to list the five Luminous Mysteries for the Pro-Life Rosary.


The First Luminous Mystery:
Baptism Of Jesus
And when Jesus was baptized,...the heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of
God descending like a dove, and alighting on Him, and lo, a voice from heaven, saying
 "This is my beloved Son," with whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:16-17)
All are called to become adopted sons and daughters of God through baptism.
We pray that children in the womb may be protected, so that they may be born
and welcomed into the Christian community by baptism.


The Second Luminous Mystery:
Wedding At Cana
His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever He tells you."... Jesus said to them,
 "Fill the jars with water." And they filled them up to the brim. (John 2:5-7)
 Let us pray for strong marriages, rooted in the Lord, and open to the gift of new life.


The Third Luminous Mystery:
Proclaiming The Kingdom
"And preach as you go, saying "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." Heal the sick, raise
the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without pay, give without pay."
(Matthew 10:7-8)
Let us pray that these first words of Jesus' public ministry may be heard by all. May
they know that the Lord calls them to conversion, and may they experience life-giving repentance.


The Fourth Luminous Mystery:
Transfiguration
And as He was praying, the appearance of His countenance was altered and
His raiment became dazzling white. And a voice came out of the cloud saying,
"This is My Son, My chosen; listen to Him!" (Luke 9:29,35)
May the eyes of all people be transformed, that they may see each and every human
life  as a reflection of the glory of God Himself.


The Fifth Luminous Mystery:
Institution Of The Eucharist
And He took bread, and when He had given thanks He broke it and gave it to them,
saying, "This is My body which is given for you.".......And likewise the cup after supper,
saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."
(Luke 22:19-20)
Let us pray that parents who sacrifice the babies for the sake of themselves may learn
instead to put themselves aside for the sake of their babies.


Praying the Rosary of the Unborn has been a life altering experience for me. I've always been
pro-life, but ever since I began praying the Rosary of the Unborn, my heart has been touched
in way that made me realize just saying I'm pro-life isn't enough.
The scripture from the Wedding at Cana, where Mother Mary says to the servants, "Do
whatever He tells you." I take that to heart, and I know in my heart that He is telling
me to speak up for the unborn.
The scripture from the Transfiguration, God says "This is My Son, My chosen; listen to Him!"
This blog is my way of speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves.


I pray that you all are warm and safe, please take a few minutes today to pray for the
unborn and their mothers and fathers.    Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment