Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Lead Me Lord, by the Light of Truth, To Seek and to Find the Narrow Way"

Good Morning out there! A quick post to say hello and I hope you are all doing well!
I woke up this morning with a whole list of things to do running through my mind. I'm
trying to plan out my day so that I can accomplish all that needs to get done. I'm on my
second cup of coffee so that should help!
The 40 Days for Life Spring Campaign begins next week, starting on Ash Wednesday!
I've been advertising on my face book page, and I have a face book page for the campaign;
40 Days for Life - San Angelo, TX  (If you ever want to check out all the information, or
see the pictures that I post!) I've also been calling people who participated in the fall
campaign to see if they would like to sign up again. Most people are signing back up! We
had a table in the Vestibule at church this past weekend with sign up sheets and flyers.
I made a back-drop of pictures from the fall campaign and had it on the table. I went to
Hobby Lobby on Friday and bought one of those cardboard tri-folds that you use for
presentations at school. I downloaded a bunch of pictures that I took during the fall
campaign and had them developed at Walgreens. I taped the (2) informational flyers
about the campaign, one in English and one in Spanish, on the middle section of the
tri-fold. Then I cut out different shapes, colors and sizes of colored poster board and
taped them all over the tri-fold, and then taped the pictures on there. It turned out really
well. I wanted people to see all the different families, friends, and rosary groups that
participated. The pictures showed children playing, sidewalk chalk pro-life messages
and slogans and smiling, happy faces! A picture is worth a thousand words! I can tell
people all day long about the fellowship that happens during the 40 days, but the back-
drop I made, really shows it! Everyone enjoyed looking at the pictures, and several
people signed up! I'll be on the phone again today, but not until I finish up some book
work for our family business!
I better get busy, I just wanted to check in and say hello! I hope your day is full of
blessings. The sun is shining here, so I'll open up the windows in a little while and let
the fresh air in.
I'm going to close with a quote from Blessed Mother Teresa:
"God has not called me to be successful, He has called me to be faithful."
                                              Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment