Monday, August 25, 2014

Hello out there! I just wanted to share something that touched my heart last night
during Mass. I was a lector and a Eucharistic minister so I was up by the altar and
able to see everyone all the way to the back of the cathedral. What caught my eye,
was my son holding his 14 month old daughter, and my daughter holding her 28 month
old daughter standing next to each other right below the statue of St. Anthony. Sacred
Heart Cathedral has been our parish home for more than 31 years. Last night while my son,
daughter and two of my granddaughters were at the back of the cathedral, another one
of my granddaughters (my daughter's oldest) was an altar server for the first time. She
was up near the altar with me. My husband is an usher, so he was standing by the side
doors as people were receiving communion. As my daughter-in-law and our other three grandchildren passed by my husband, she was the only one who sat down, the kids stopped,
and stood right next to "Pa" as unofficial ushers. My son-in-law was also there, he was 
standing in the back. Our oldest son, his wife and our other two granddaughters live in
Houston, but they were with us in thoughts and prayers. As a matter of fact, we lit
two candles after Mass last night, one for each of the girls, because they started school
today, and the youngest, who is now in kindergarten was a little apprehensive. I told her
on the phone yesterday before church that we would light a candle for them and pray for
them to have a good day, and a good week.
When my husband and I were driving home (by ourselves) we laughed about how
great it is when the kids are at Mass!
I remember when my son and daughter use to be altar servers themselves, and when I
looked out and saw them standing side by side, each holding a wiggly, squiggly little
girl in their arms, I just thought, it doesn't get much better than this!
Thank you God, thank you, thank you for my many blessings, I am so grateful for my
family, I am so grateful for my life.  I love you God, Amen.


Abiding love surrounds those who trust in the Lord. Psalm 32:10
Follow the way of love. 1 Corinthians14:1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. Psalm 136:1


                                       Have a great day! Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment