Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Good Morning out there! I'm going to share a couple of paragraphs out of
the book 40 Days For Life. But first, I want to share this prayer with you.
This prayer is for the babies and their mothers.
Heavenly Father, in Your love for us, protect against the wickedness of the
devil, those helpless little ones to whom You have given the gift of life. Touch
with pity the hearts of those women pregnant in our world today who are not
thinking of motherhood. Help them to see that the child they carry is made
in Your image, as well as theirs, made for eternal life.
Dispel their fear and selfishness and give them true womanly hearts to love
their babies and give them birth and all the needed care that a mother alone
can give.
   We ask this through Jesus Christ, Your Son, Our Lord, Who lives and
    reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.
My daughter-in-law gave me an Our Lady of Guadalupe medal, she is
the Patron of the Unborn. The prayer above was on the card the medal was
attached to.


In the book, "40 Days For Life" instead of chapter 1, chapter 2, and so on...
they say Day 1, Day 2, and so on. There are 40 "days" in the book and you
can read it as a daily devotional or as fast as you want! I loved the book, and I
read through it quickly. My husband works really long hours so he read
it one day at a time, as a daily devotional. He also thought it was a very
inspiring book, and he was so impressed with the young men and women
who are speaking up for the babies. The first couple of "days" talk about how
the 40 Days for Life Campaign began, the rest of the book highlights a
different campaign run by a different person in other cities, states, and even
other countries. There is a scripture and a prayer at the end of each day of the
book. The stories are amazing, some are uplifting, some show courage and
perseverance, some show the sad, ugly truth of the abortion business.
The following is a couple of paragraphs from Day 11 - 72 Ransom Ave.
     At the bottom of the steep stairs, the pregnant woman was directed into
a waiting room filled with beautiful, padded couches. After filling out her
paperwork, she would sit with other women on a couch to quietly wait for her
abortion appointment.
     What she didn't know was what was in the very next room.
     When the door into that next room was opened, I was stunned. Years
earlier, parts of the ceiling had collapsed from water damage, and since
nothing had ever been repaired, there was a strong smell of rot and mildew.
Cockroaches scattered across the floor as we stepped in. This was literally
a foot away, through the wall, from where women sat while they waited for
their abortions. I recoiled at the thought of such conditions in a facility
providing surgical procedures.
The story for this day continues on and now I'll add one more paragraph.
     Then they took me to the final room in that downstairs hallway-the
recovery room where the women were sent to recuperate after the abortions.
As I took in the dismal room, I couldn't help but think that by the time the
women arrived here, the abortion business had already gotten everything
it wanted from these "clients"-the procedure was over, and they'd paid their
money. What must they have felt as they stepped into that last miserable
room to sit on these old, rotted chairs with their stained seats? My host
explained that here the abortion staff would give each woman a little cup of
juice and a cookie, then just leave her to fend for herself. When she felt
ready, she would stand and walk out-possibly without any companion at all.
This day/chapter alone is just one of the reasons I will not give up. The
abortion industry does not care about women or women's health, it cares
about the money that abortions bring in. Please pray for the babies and
their mothers. Please pray that fathers will wake up and realize their true
role, that their children need a father. That these men will "man up" for lack
of a better term, and take care of their responsibilities. That mothers and
fathers everywhere will see what a gift this baby truly is. This is the scripture
at the end of day/chapter 11 and the prayer that goes with it.
    If my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray
    and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from
    heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
        2 Chronicles 7:14
Dear Lord, as you lead me into the spiritual struggle this verse calls your
people to, remind me that the battle is truly yours. Thank you for equipping
me with your armor. Lead me daily to put it on! Thank you for allowing me
to serve under your command and for hearing my requests for direction
and protection. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment