Monday, July 14, 2014

Good Morning out there! I have so much to say today I'm not sure where to begin! Thinking, thinking, okay! Yesterday I helped host a baby shower, it was wonderful! I love baby showers, there is always so much joy and laughter. This shower was extra special because this is my dear friend's first baby, her parents first grandchild, her brothers first niece. She and her mother, and her grandmother have been hostesses at so many of my grandchildren's showers that we were all thrilled to help with her shower! Presents galore, diapers and wipes, precious bright colored clothes, cake and cookies, coffee and tea, cards, hugs, laughter, celebration, oh how I love baby showers!
Taking care of each other, whether family or friends is what we need to do, what we should want to do. We had so many goodies at the shower that there were many cookies left over, and everyone agreed that those cookies should go to our church's Sack Lunch Ministry today. We give out sack lunches Monday -Friday from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm at our church to help feed the homeless and those who are having hard times. I will take the left over cookies from the shower up to the church this morning so that they can be put in the sack lunches today. Twice a month I help make lunches and hand them out, those who come to get lunches are so appreciative. I'm so thankful our church has this ministry. I take my grandchildren with me, a couple at a time, to help, so that they will grow up understanding that we need to help others, and to be thankful for what they have. They love helping, coloring the sacks, handing out the waters, adding the mayonnaise or mustard packets, and the people love seeing the children, it makes them smile. I'm going to close this part of my post with a poem I made up, not a great poem, but it is from my heart.


                         Gifts from heaven babies are, Gifts from God above,
                            Protect them love them, sing songs of joy
                              New life new life, how precious they are!


The next part of my post is about two short (2-3 minute) videos I saw on face book this weekend. They both showed a sonogram of a baby, showed the baby boy or baby girls movements, talked about the different gestational stages. They were both very well done. Truly beautiful videos about the miracle of life. I cried during both of them, tears of joy because of the beauty of life, tears of sadness because so many will not choose life. I haven't figured out how to download/upload them on my blog, I'm still trying. I have to go now, I've got to get those cookies to the church! I'm closing with a beautiful scripture verse, have a blessed day, and go out of your way to make someone smile today! Bye for now, Sharla


                                       "For I know well the plans I have for you,
                                         declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not
                                         for woe to give you a future and a hope."
                                             (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment