Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Light of Christ Shines Through You

Good morning out there! Peace and blessings to all of you - my last post was on
April 29th - oh my goodness, I have so much to share.
Our seven year old granddaughter (just had a birthday a couple of weeks ago) was
diagnosed with leukemia a little over six weeks ago. She has been in a very good
children's hospital since then. Jim and I have been taking care of her two brothers
and two sisters during this time. They range in age from five years old to fourteen
and a half. Our daughter-in-law is at the hospital with her during the week while our
son works. He goes and stays with her on the weekends and our daughter-in-law
comes home to spend time with the other four children. Our granddaughter is doing
okay but she has had some scary complications. Please keep her in your prayers.
She has been so tough through it all. I call her my warrior princess. They have met
other families at this hospital. It breaks your heart to know that so many children
have cancer. The doctors and nurses have been amazing.
We have been blessed during this time with a tremendous outpouring of kindness,
generosity, love, and support. And talk about prayers and the power of prayers!
People of all ages, from all over this country have been praying for our granddaughter,
and for our whole family. Faith and prayers - family and friends!
The week before our granddaughter's birthday, cards and gifts were delivered to
our home. Some by mail, other by UPS and FED EX, and several were hand
delivered. We still receive a couple of cards every week. Kindness and generosity -
family and friends!
Jim and I, and our grandchildren who are staying with us during this extended time
have also been blessed in abundance by our family and friends. Two of my dear
friends organized a meal train to help out with meals a couple of times a week.
Our friends signed up and we have been receiving dinners on Tuesday and
Thursday evenings every week since the end of May. Other family members and
friends have brought meals on other days also. We have been blessed with groceries,
tamales, tortillas, fresh fruit, toilet paper, laundry detergent (tons of laundry now),
paper towels, Pizza Nights, Ice Cream with all the toppings, cones, bowls, and spoons,
gift cards to Chick Fil A, Dairy Queen, HEB, Walmart etc.
The Catholic Church where my son and his family attend have given us brisket, buns,
chips, paper goods, and more! Their parish priest bought snacks, milk, and breakfast
items for the kids. He and the members of the parish have prayed many rosaries for
our son and his family.
During this time we have prayed and cried, prayed and laughed and prayed some
more. Our daughter and son-in-law, who have three daughters of their own, have
helped out so much. The kids love to spend time with their cousins, and aunt and
uncle. Jess has picked up the kids and taken them swimming, back to their home
to hang out, for sleep overs, etc. She has helped organize closets, dresser drawers,
and my refrigerator!
Phone calls, and texts, and visits by so many concerned family and friends.
In the last six + weeks our lives have changed dramatically. But our faith in God,
our strong, close knit family, and our devoted friends have been with us on this
journey. We are so thankful for each and every one you!
I've posted this hymn before - but it definitely goes with this post.
The Servant Song by Richard Gillard
Verse:1,6
Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant too.
Verse:2
We are pilgrims on a journey, we are travelers on the road;
We are here to help each other walk the mile and bear the load.
Verse:3
I will hold the Christ-light for you in the night-time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you, speak the peace you long to hear.
Verse:4
I will weep when you are weeping; When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow til we've seen this journey through.
Verse:5
When we sing to God in heaven we shall find such harmony,
born of all we've known together of Christ's love and agony.
Verse:6
Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant too.

Thank you for being the Christ-light for us during this time. Please know that we
are here for you too!
                                               Blessings and peace,
                                                    Bye for now, Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment