Sunday, October 6, 2019

Blest Be the Lord! The God of Mercy, The God Who Saves!

Good morning out there! Blessings and peace wherever you are - blessings and
peace near and far. It is a beautiful, blue skies, sun is shining kind of day. The
birds are singing and I have this wonderful hymn stuck in my head!
I am always humming or singing or praying or talking!
The hymn I have been singing this morning is, "Blest Be the Lord." Have you ever
heard or sung this hymn in your parish or church? It was written by, Dan Schutte.
Are you ready? The following are the lyrics to this uplifting, bring a tear or two to
your eyes, and peace to your soul, hymn. Sing it with me! God is with us!
The Refrain:
Blest be the Lord; blest be the Lord, the God of mercy, the God who saves.
I shall not fear the dark of night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
1st Verse:
He will release me from the nets of all my foes.
He will protect me from their wicked hands.
Beneath the shadow of his wings I will rejoice -
to find a dwelling place secure.
The Refrain:
Blest be the Lord; blest be the Lord, the God of mercy, the God who saves.
I shall not fear the dark of night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
2nd Verse:
I need not shrink before the terrors of the night,
nor stand alone before the light of day.
No harm shall come to me, no arrow strike me down,
no evil settle in my soul.
The Refrain:
Blest be the Lord; blest be the Lord, the God of mercy, the God who saves.
I shall not fear the dark of night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
3rd Verse:
Although a thousand strong have fallen at my side,
I'll not be shaken with the Lord at hand.
His faithful love is all the armor that I need to wage my battle with the foe.
The Refrain:
Blest be the Lord; blest be the Lord, the God of mercy, the God who saves.
I shall not fear the dark of night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
I don't know why I woke with this amazing hymn in my head. I think God
wanted me to share it with all of you. We live in a world with to much noise,
to much information, to much busyness. Put your phones down, turn off the
radio or television, and let God speak to you!
I pray that your day is full of joy - a smile on your lips, a song in your heart,
and peace in your soul!
                                                                                           Bye for now,
                                                                                              Sharla

3 comments:

  1. Love this song! Wish we still sang them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom loved this song. Wanted it played at her funeral. We did. I play it to remember how it may her feel so happy about her faith. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm so glad that this story touched you - that is my whole reason for this blog. I always pray that my stories will touch hearts and plant seeds of faith! Many blessings to you - and my condolences on the loss of your mother. I know her memory remains in your heart.

      Delete