Thursday, May 31, 2018

Bird Nests, Seeds, Cats, and Trees!

Good morning out there! It is the beginning of a beautiful new day. Y'all know that
I am a happy, glass is half full, make lemonade out of those lemons kind of girl (lady).
I enjoy the simplest of things and am always amazed and thankful for the blessings
of each new day. I was washing dishes early yesterday morning and I looked out the
kitchen window above my sink and I saw a roadrunner dart across my front yard. I
laughed and said, "Beep beep" (like that old cartoon)! This morning I decided that I
better water my flowers while it was still early. I spotted a bird's nest in the tree that
has a special place in my heart. Jim had already left for work and I called him and
told him about the nest. I think this is a story for me to tell...…


In November of 2008 I had surgery to have the right side of my thyroid removed.
The tumor was benign but it kept growing so surgery was necessary.
While I was at home recuperating, Jim and our granddaughter (grandchild #3) who
was 2 1/2 at the time, planted some seeds he had found. They took a large coffee can
and filled it with soil and planted the seeds and watered them.  They placed the can in
our large kitchen window that faces the west and receives the afternoon sun.
The seeds sprouted and the plant grew. Before long, it was time to repot the plant and
then it was placed outside in the late spring of 2009. We realized that the plant was
actually a tree and it grew and grew. The small tree was planted in the ground and
pictures are taken each year.
It is some type of oak tree and when I water it I always sing a little song;
"Grow little tree, grow - planted with love, grow, grow, and grow."
I know, I'm sentimental and you make think I'm kind of silly but God has placed
a song in my heart and a child-like wonder that has never gone away only grown
stronger.
I watched as the mama bird and papa bird flew in and out of the tree getting their
nest ready. We have a cat (Tiger Lily) and it looked like the papa bird was on guard
duty. I told Tiger to get in the backyard and leave my birds alone! I don't think she
was listening! I enjoyed the beauty and peace and watered all my plants and prayed
some morning prayers - always giving thanks to God.
I hope you all have joyful, sunny, bird watching type day. I want to share this
scripture that popped up on my phone. It is from the Catholic Apparel Facebook
page (https://christianstyle.com).
Therefore, my brothers and sisters,
stand firm.
Let nothing move you.
Always give yourselves fully
to the work of the Lord,
because you know,
that the labor in the Lord
is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58
Blessings to you and yours!
Bye for now, Sharla









No comments:

Post a Comment