Sunday, November 29, 2015

THE FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT

Good Morning Out There! Today is the First Sunday of Advent! It is a cold and rainy
day here in San Angelo. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a very
blessed day! Family and friends joined us for a wonderful meal. The grandkids had so
much fun together, and the adults enjoyed visiting. We packed up leftovers for everyone
to take home. Jim and I really enjoyed our time together on Friday. It is so nice when he
has some time off. No, we did not go shopping! We picked up around the house, and then
we ran some errands. We stopped by our daughter's home to drop off some things that
were left at our home the day before. We just ran in for a few minutes, gave our grand-
daughters a hug, and headed back out. Our son and one of his friends were working and
we dropped off some extra tools that they needed, plus some lunch! Jim and I stopped
at a small café for a bite to eat on our way home. Once we were home I fixed a plate
of leftovers to take to a friend who was at work and when I got home Jim had a roaring
fire in the fireplace! Yes, it was a very nice way to spend the day!
I opened up my Magnificat this  morning and the Prayer for the Morning is:
          Let us shout with joy at the presence of the Lord, for he comes!
One of my friends gave me a years subscription to the Magnificat and I have really
enjoyed reading the daily scriptures, the Psalms, and stories about the saints! The
following is one of today's readings:
We urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, cheer the fainthearted,
support the weak, be patient with all. See that no one returns evil for evil;
rather, always seek what is good (both) for each other and for all.
Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing.  (1Thessalonians 5:14-17)

                                  Be vigilant at all times. (Luke 21:36)
I try really hard to remember that Advent is a time of preparation, a beautiful
time to reflect on the things I need to work on in my life. I pray that I will spend
this Advent following the scriptures that I read each day in my Magnificat!

Blessings to you and yours!                 Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment