Wednesday, November 25, 2015

MY HOME SMELLS LIKE THANKSGIVING! AND I AM THANKFUL!

Hello Out There! I love this time of year! Right now my home smells like cornbread
and pumpkin and wonderful spices! I made pumpkin nut muffins early this morning,
and have made (3) casserole size (9x13) pans of cornbread. Yes, I mix up my dressing/
stuffing in an electric roaster, you know, the ones that are big enough to cook a turkey!
I make my cornbread the day before, let it cool and then break it all up and place it in
(4) gallon size Ziploc bags and toss them in the fridge. Tonight, Jim will chop up onions
and celery for me to sauté in butter and I will boil about (6) eggs, all of this will go into
the dressing tomorrow morning. I'll go ahead and add seasoning to the cornbread, I just
add it to each bag and shake it all around and toss it back in the fridge! I'm also going
to make a couple of cheese balls tonight to set out with an assortment of crackers. I'll
bake (2) pumpkin pies first thing tomorrow morning and then whip up the heavy
whipping cream to top them off! I always buy Cool Whip and Redi-Whip just in case
I don't have time to make my own, but I always end up making it, because it is so
yummy! I'll start adding all the ingredients for the dressing in my roasting pan about
mid-morning.  My son-in-law is cooking the turkey, not frying it, but cooking it in some
other type of contraption, whatever it is, the turkey tasted great last time! I'm heating up
spiral sliced ham and my daughter is making a couple of sides and a dessert and my
daughter-in-law is making a couple of sides and a dessert! Everything always tastes
great, and we always have plenty, enough for everyone to take home left-overs! The
kids play, the guys watch football, and me and my girls visit and we might even drink
a glass of wine! We usually have a couple of friends join us for lunch, the more the
merrier! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. I pray that you
have someone to spend the day with and a warm meal to share!
Blessings to you and yours!                             Bye for now, Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment